advertisement

Big life change and everthing is now for sale

Well done Al. Congratulations. The music pub in Boston used to be the Axe and Cleaver, probably so named because that was what you needed to get out alive if it kicked off. Sadly now closed. More suited to the Pfm age range are places like the Mill (Mill House, wheel, something) conveniently placed at your end of town, near the hospital. Enjoy a pint of Batemans, if you are feeling brave have a XXXB. In my youth 3 pints of triple was a very good night out.

I now have the keys , Spent some time finding out what works and what doesn't , Have made a list , Basically they stripped the house , Nets ,curtains that were any good , left the rather used ones , Lamp shades , roller blind from the kitchen but left the fixings on the wall ??? , Even took all the bog roll , Good job I took a roll just incase , And yes I did christen the downstairs loo with a No2 :p , I even thought to take a jar of coffee , Mug , spoon , picked up a pint of milk , On arrival was gasping so it coffee time :), Err NO who left the kettle at home :rolleyes:
A couple of photos of my new listening / TV room, by my standards ( current house of 18 years ) it's huge , 4.8 mtrs wide and 8.25 mtrs long .
3CF7E988-88AD-4F63-825B-56304E307170 by , on Flickr
CDDD67BC-47BE-43A9-BC0D-61F2FAD8A1AB by , on Flickr
EB64B34B-6ECA-4CC4-976D-ECBB528681CB by , on Flickr

I think the original owner must have owned a grand piano as the house has double front doors and double doors into the front room

11B8D739-2389-4434-85A0-6ACAF31C55D3 by , on Flickr

Not sure I can live with the carpets :eek:

Thanks to all those who have followed this journey for the kind words ,
I am glad its " Almost over " roll on 6th October :D

With that carpet and red curtains have you inadvertently bought a pub :).

Best of luck and enjoy Boston. It used to have six good pubs which was useful for the locals because they could count them on the fingers of one hand. Be aware that if you are still fertile they may invite you to participate in widening the gene pool.

That looks like it'll be a cracking space for your listening room and great to hear it's all gone through ok.

We got our new place in mid-May and didn't get confirmation of when the completion would happen until the day (our solicitor was awful at keeping is in the loop on what was happening) - and given it was 150 miles trip each way to get the keys I was already on the way when it was confirmed (so was glad there wasn't any last minute glitch!). The cottage was in pretty good condition having been completely renovated in 2003 (it was built in 1776) although it looked like it hadn't been re-decorated since and the carpets also appeared to date from then. It's a bit slow getting workmen organised but it's now re-carpeted and redecorated. Sofa's have also taken a while to come but are due in the next couple of weeks.

I haven't decided what to do about hi-fi up here yet - at the moment I'm slumming it with an odd little system of an Onix DNA-45 into an old pair of Mission 731LE's, with a Cyrus CD player and an Echo Dot as sources. I've got a mothballed Naim set-up that used to be my main system that'll be coming up but not sure what room it's going in yet.

With that carpet and red curtains have you inadvertently bought a pub :).

Best of luck and enjoy Boston. It used to have six good pubs which was useful for the locals because they could count them on the fingers of one hand. Be aware that if you are still fertile they may invite you to participate in widening the gene pool.

very practical though for muddy feet

advertisement

Back