advertisement

The John Westlake/Lakewest MDAC/FDAC, VFET and Detox

I was looking at the DENAFRIPS R2R, nice kit

There has been a FB update…
Did you mean the FB post by JW dated 13th Sept?

This new Holo Audio Spring 3 with the pre-amp and remote imo is in a league above Denafrips. Would love to compare before buying but that's going to be almost impossible.

Get the Holo, at least you'll get to use it and it almost certainly will be a better and more reliable all round product.
Yeah, I think you're right. I'm gonna wait for a couple more paychecks and then I'm gonna buy it. It will be like an impulse buy as I won't be able to demo it beforehand... Putting my trust in GoldenOne.

The preamp option and decent remote is a clincher for me.

This new Holo Audio Spring 3 with the pre-amp and remote imo is in a league above Denafrips. Would love to compare before buying but that's going to be almost impossible.
So, how do you know it’s in a league above if you haven’t heard it nor done a comparison? ;)

At least it exists though !!!

20db better jitter rejection about 10db better sinad and dynamic range and a fair few more features. Might mean nothing to the sound though.

Mo better tho innit?

Mrdog has the x16 brother to my a18, they measure very similar within a dB or so all over, but the x16 has more grass in the imd at the top and the a18 more at the bottom, if pushed I'd say they do sound different, just. The a18 a bit sweeter, the x16 more resolute.

Mo better tho innit?

Mrdog has the x16 brother to my a18, they measure very similar within a dB or so all over, but the x16 has more grass in the imd at the top and the a18 more at the bottom, if pushed I'd say they do sound different, just. The a18 a bit sweeter, the x16 more resolute.
I really like my X16 and it's moderately priced.

So, how do you know it’s in a league above if you haven’t heard it nor done a comparison? ;)

At least it exists though !!!

I agree that was a bold statement. The Holo has a really nice design and build quality from what the reviewer is saying and the optional preamp and remote will be very useful to me.

There's been an update on FB yesterday. The DAC array PSU section has been built and tested. It measures very well, photos to follow.

Have you got a link to the FB page please? I have no involvement in this saga, but it is very intriguing!

advertisement

Back