advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Agree with this. Enjoy watching them play but they never seem to deliver. Hopefully they will find a formula to stay up.

Another weekend of some poor and inconsistent refereeing but some interesting football. Brentford are possibly the new Leeds of this season, and Pep has finally figured out how to beat Tuchel so credit to him.

I feel bad for Nuno. The team knows he wasn’t anywhere close to first choice as manager, and his star player clearly doesn’t want to be there... Did Levy really say no to £120 million or more for Kane in the summer?

Nearly a perfect weekend, for me. City played excellently against a very tough Chelsea team and were the better side by some margin. United losing was a lovely bonus and following the utter sycophancy played out in the media for a player who left them to develop his career, they have now lost three times in a short spell. Liverpool managing a draw against Brentford was a little disappointing but, all in all, a good weekend.

I'd like to disagree but I can't - City were mightily impressive.
There were times, particularly in the 1st half, when I was hoping someone would throw a 2nd ball on the pitch so that we'd have one to play with.:eek:
Yes. The first half in particular was a difficult watch. We looked much better after the formation change, but a bit too late and not enough to claim we wuz robbed

Yes. The first half in particular was a difficult watch. We looked much better after the formation change, but a bit too late and not enough to claim we wuz robbed
Yeah I think that would be stretching things a little.
On leaving the ground I was instantly cheered up by the news that United were losing to Villa and had just missed a pen.:)

I feel bad for Nuno. The team knows he wasn’t anywhere close to first choice as manager, and his star player clearly doesn’t want to be there... Did Levy really say no to £120 million or more for Kane in the summer?

Presumably Nuno thought he could do the job otherwise he would not be there. I am not sure I feel sorry for him as he would be able to retire if sacked etc.
Kane is a problem now, not sure how to deal with this as does Nuno I suspect.
Arsenal deserved the victory, superb first half, and did enough in the second.

Yes, the Man U result and the Liverpool draw made it a weekend that could’ve been worse. Loved the Villa ‘keeper telling Ronaldo to take the pen.
The Liverpool draw was the icing on the cake - I doubt that they'll be the last big side to drop points there this season though.

Yes a bad weekend / week and a half for utd.

However I did enjoy watching some of the Brentford game. Really enjoyable, exciting football.

Surely that's the case for all managers that aren't Pep? Nuno may not have been top of Spurs' shopping list, but he was top of the list of people willing to accept the job. He didn't do too badly at Wolves (until his final season) so I'm hopeful he can sort Spurs out.

Keeping a player at a club when he no longer wants to stay never ends well.
When it's your captain, star player and main goalscorer even less so.
Levy (imho) has got this badly wrong and when Kane finally does leave his value will have significantly decreased - a lose-lose situation for all concerned at Spurs.

Hope Brighton win tonight it would be great to see them top in front of all those big name clubs , even if it's just for one week .

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back