advertisement

Gas and Electricity Prices

What an excellent song! I'll be passing that on, thanks.

Attila has been doing excellent work for a long time (I went to his 40th birthday bash!), and always includes an on-point rant or two. Check out the Renaissance-core sound of 'The Siege of Shoreham' too. It's years old but still relevant, sadly.

Just checked the Octopus website for a quote. Coming out at £198/m (variable) against Avro where I was paying £144/m (fixed to March 2022).
£198 is about the going rate according to comparison on the Cheap Energy Club (Martin Lewis) site. Fixes are £224+.
My plan is probably to stick with it until spring, when hopefully gas wholesale prices are down and fixes make more sense.

Spring won't help. The next price cap rise in April will be based on current wholesale prices. Any reductions will be summer at the earliest.

Spring won't help. The next price cap rise in April will be based on current wholesale prices. Any reductions will be summer at the earliest.
Surely the cap is a cap, so if wholesale prices drop, then (some) of the market may follow?

Surely the cap is a cap, so if wholesale prices drop, then (some) of the market may follow?
No, the October cap increase is predicated on wholesale prices paid months ago. April’s cap review (and inevitable rise) will be based on current wholesale prices. Any reduction in the near future will not affect the market until the next post April 22 cap review according to Martin Lewis.

Octopus has asked any Avro customers to take a meter reading today.

I have just taken photos of mine, with meter reference code visible.

Got an email from Octopus and tried to enter my details on the website as per their recommendation. However the website is under as heavy load as petrol stations that still have fuel, so couldn't do that. Blimey - what a state we have got into.

Well on the basis octupus just like doubled in size their one saving grace of good customer support will no doubt go belly up.

Great stuff.

Got an email from Octopus and tried to enter my details on the website as per their recommendation. However the website is under as heavy load as petrol stations that still have fuel, so couldn't do that. Blimey - what a state we have got into.
I got the email too. Main site told me to check back in 15 minutes, but managed to log in and enter readings via:

https://assets.avroenergy.co.uk/

Not sure if this will work correctly, so I will check back tomorrow on the main site.

Looks like I am now an Octopus customer thanks to Ofgem. Let’s see how their numbers look which will determine how long I’m an Octopus customer:D!

Managed to log in and get a screen shot. Looks like I have an Avro credit balance of £75.00. Let’s see how quickly that gets transferred over to Octopus!

For what it’s worth, Octopus is the only company I’ve stayed with for more than 2 years in the past 10 years or so, all down to their customer service (in that there is some compared to the other companies I have used). They’ll be overwhelmed, but give them a bit of time.

advertisement

Back