advertisement

A Thread for New Jazz

Heads up PFM jazzers:

Lady Blackbird - Black Acid Soul is only available as a limited edition on vinyl so get it now while you still can. They say it won't be re-pressed. I'd suggest buying the black version as there have been reports that the coloured vinyl can be noisy. It's an awesome LP. What a voice.

Heads up PFM jazzers:

Lady Blackbird - Black Acid Soul is only available as a limited edition on vinyl so get it now while you still can. They say it won't be re-pressed. I'd suggest buying the black version as there have been reports that the coloured vinyl can be noisy. It's an awesome LP. What a voice.

I agree this is excellent and can confirm the coloured vinyl is sadly noisy. Got a black copy to replace and thats much better.

If word of mouth gets round though I suspect they will end up repressing the standard edition. If she was a UK artist I could have seen this on next years Mercury Award list

I agree this is excellent and can confirm the coloured vinyl is sadly noisy. Got a black copy to replace and thats much better.

If word of mouth gets round though I suspect they will end up repressing the standard edition. If she was a UK artist I could have seen this on next years Mercury Award list

I've just asked for a replacement for my blue vinyl copy. Hopefully the next one is quieter...

Still a great album though.

I saw a Steve Guttenberg review of a Denafrips dac and he mentioned Nik Bartsch. I wouldn't say I'm a jazz fan, but I love the Conundrum album!

Oh FFS, he's got me again, and on bandcamp Friday as well. Took the opportunity to get the Portico Quartet ltd album preorder too. Supporting the artists and all that (but not supporting my CC)

Annoyingly they’ve started separating the tax out so you get a shock when checking out. No, it isn’t £22.49, and the postage is more than I’d expect too. Ah well, bought. I bagged the Portico Quartet when first announced.

Annoyingly they’ve started separating the tax out so you get a shock when checking out. No, it isn’t £22.49, and the postage is more than I’d expect too. Ah well, bought. I bagged the Portico Quartet when first announced.
I know, that is really annoying, you think you're getting something at a decent price (still bloody expensive though), and then they hit you with the tax and postage!

I'm liking this - jazz on Warp Records -

I started to listen to that when I was out and about (on headphones) which meant I didn't hear the full textures and layers. Will try again at home when I can give it my full attention.

advertisement

Back