advertisement

iOS 15 PFM issues?

chartz

If it’s broke fix it!
Hi,
Since the update PFM has become very slow to access for me. Think 20 seconds.
Once I’m in, all is fine.
This happens every time.
No issues on other websites or fora.
Any clues please?
I guess it might be caused by the new IP hiding feature of iOS. But it doesn’t pose any problems on other forum servers.
Thank you.

Probably the ads, also 50% of them are wider than the website meaning you get left right scrolling.

I have only seen it on pfm

Just downloading it for my ancient 6S now so I can test.

PS The ads auto-size; I’ve never had to sideways scroll on my iPhone ever. Same on the iPad.

could be ads, one particular advertiser (Oddbox fruit and veg IIRC) is very slow to load, and freezes the browser.

Could be. But no issues on my Mac (Monterey Beta 7).
I’ll try Firefox for iOS and report back.
Edit: no issues with Firefox.

Working fine here on the 6S, doesn’t seem different speed wise, and I think this is the lowest spec phone that will run iOS15. Ads fine, I’ve never had any issues with width. I guess you may well have if you set your phone to retrieve desktop site though.

PS Not convinced by this search/URL bar at the bottom though! Who thought that was a good idea?

On a related topic: iPadOS15 is blazingly fast on my 2020 iPad Pro. A really very noticeable improvement. No problems updating nor any app compatibility problems, as yet!

Working fine here on the 6S, doesn’t seem different speed wise, and I think this is the lowest spec phone that will run iOS15. Ads fine, I’ve never had any issues with width. I guess you may well have if you set your phone to retrieve desktop site though.

PS Not convinced by this search/URL bar at the bottom though! Who thought that was a good idea?
I don’t like it either but you can revert to the old style.
My issue must be related to my phone (iPhone 13) because it works fine on the old 7 plus. Odd.

None of iOS15 betas were any problem on my iPhone and the official release is rock solid here.
Also the case with iPadOS15.

Constant issue here always with the bottom ad, I have iphone 11 pro plus.

008i3skNgy1guua40s4fxj60gg0zk0up02.jpg

008i3skNgy1guua3xbu7tj60gg0zktat02.jpg

As can be seen bottom ads extend past the side of the forum buy around a cm, causing left right scrolling. Does it pretty much every time.

As can be seen bottom ads extend past the side of the forum buy around a cm, causing left right scrolling. Does it pretty much every time.

Interesting, looks like a ‘Plus’ thing, I wonder how it reports itself. Xenforo 1.5 may not be equipped for huge smartphones and may view them as tablets, though I’d have thought it was a google thing.

PS I’m way, way behind upgrading to XF v2.x as it is just such a ball-ache that will take hours and hours of my time to configure to the point I’m happy (I’ll need to do all the layout/aesthetics again from scratch as they aren’t ported over), then there’s a load of new administration crap to learn, loads of features I don’t want etc. It needs doing though as where we are isn’t even supported anymore.

Constant issue here always with the bottom ad, I have iphone 11 pro plus.

008i3skNgy1guua40s4fxj60gg0zk0up02.jpg

008i3skNgy1guua3xbu7tj60gg0zktat02.jpg

I have the same phone, yet have never had that problem with any ads top or bottom!

advertisement

Back