advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Surely you get the simple point. If I understand it correctly Mogg is removing the need for a HGV driver to be tested on reversing an artic. His solution which he thinks is a stroke of genius sounds crazy. Do you not agree? That is the point I was making.

Obviously covid, issues with supply chain, working conditions are causing problems for a lot of countries. It would appear that the UK is suffering substantially more than other countries. Brexit is most definitely a contributor and not one that is easy to fix. To be in denial about this and focus on remainers talking about Brexit is just plain silly.
Sure. He's a knob. And is making roads dangerous.
And brexit takes its fair share of the blame along with covid and better work conditions elsewhere.

Surely you get the simple point. If I understand it correctly Mogg is removing the need for a HGV driver to be tested on reversing an artic. His solution which he thinks is a stroke of genius sounds crazy. Do you not agree? That is the point I was making.

Let's test his theory. Put Mogg in an HGV and see how well he can reverse it.

Has anyone actually seen an apology from someone who voted for this utter shitshow?

Surely that’s the least that they can start with?

A fair point, and it starts with taking responsibility - not a core trait of Brexiteers (who coincidentally vote for/enable a certain political party that also struggles with apologies).

I saw a Lithuanian registered lorry on the French motorway near Besancon today with a sticker on the back: "We don't go to the UK anymore" !

The RHA have published a survey of its members saying the joint No.1 reason for the driver shortage is Brexit (the other being driver retirement). It will be interesting to see how many European drivers actually take up the Boris challenge, and whether Priti can process visas fast enough and correctly (she's got more than one visa-hungry industry to manage after all). Both business and the haulage industry have already said the visa programme is not enough. Should neither Priti or the Europeans deliver, it will probably be left to the locals (who I suspect might be somewhat reluctant to enter the industry), the army and self-driving vehicles (but that is some way off in this country) to make up the numbers.

An update from the Sunlit Uplands:

"Bonfire Night fireworks 70% down due to Brexit and supply chain crisis. Suppliers said to be unwilling to stock up because of confusion over safety labelling and extra paperwork" (Guardian). It seems the nation's children are in for a triple whammy as 2021 draws to a close: Covid, a firework-free Guy Fawkes and a paucity of presents/food at Christmas.

New age spiritualist and mind-reader Daniel Hannan, writing in The Telegraph, claims that, "Deep down, Biden knows that a US/UK trade deal makes perfect sense." Where is this much vaunted trade deal then? In 2019, Boris said he wanted it done and dusted in a year. Get Brexit done.

Nigel Farage has tweeted his support for Marcos Alonso, the Chelsea defender. Strange times.

And rumours, via Marr, that Boris is about to unilaterally rip up the NIP. EV will be delighted.

Just a Tory MP saying a bomb should be sent to a Labour MP https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...g-bomb-planted-Labour-politicians-office.html

And would you believe that this MP was, according to Wiki, "a keen Brexit supporter, and an advocate of pro-Brexit lobby group Leave Means Leave."?

Quelle surprise.

The Brexit mindset on full display.
Ordinary people making such remarks, even in jest, have been arrested and charged before now. I rather doubt that will happen here. :mad:

Just a Tory MP saying a bomb should be sent to a Labour MP https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...g-bomb-planted-Labour-politicians-office.html

And would you believe that this MP was, according to Wiki, "a keen Brexit supporter, and an advocate of pro-Brexit lobby group Leave Means Leave."?

Quelle surprise.

The Brexit mindset on full display.
He needs to be suspended from Parliament.
Women MPs have been subject to a tide of rape and death threats from the far right and various personality disorders reacting to messages coming from Farage and parts of the Tory Party including Johnson himself. One pro-Remain MP has already been murdered. The language used in the threats was repeated in the Commons by Johnson himself.

“They often quote his words 'Surrender Act', 'betrayal', 'traitor' and I for one am sick of it.We must moderate our language, and it has to come from the prime minister first." -Paula Sheriff MP, referring to content of the threats.

In response, Mr Johnson said: "I have to say, Mr Speaker, I've never heard such humbug in all my life."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49833804

Can we get a more patriotic name for Jerrycan btw?

ilavHEv.jpg

I'm going to keep a wider eye on proceedings for the coming months because something is brewing everywhere. Brexit: definitely a shambles with its own self-generated, self-perpetuating problems. Yes...
In July I had persistent calls from my electricity supplier about negotiating a contract extension even though it has half a year to go, and she was explaining the projected massive hike in energy bills (which has a recognised cause). Then I saw an article in the German press about it. Yesterday it was a headline article in the French press. Some minister from the EU parliament called the energy policy 'a broken system', yet they won't do anything to curb the pocket-filling activities of all the private companies they unleashed with their privatisations. They are firmly wedded to this system and seek 'solutions' by tinkering around the edges.

France has a good level of national energy security (for electricity), but unscrupulous companies are linking bills to the price of gas. This an EU-wide problem. Over the next 5-10 years everything is going to get very miserable everywhere in Europe unless they rethink their idiotic economic trajectory.

An update from the Sunlit Uplands:

"Bonfire Night fireworks 70% down due to Brexit and supply chain crisis. Suppliers said to be unwilling to stock up because of confusion over safety labelling and extra paperwork" (Guardian). It seems the nation's children are in for a triple whammy as 2021 draws to a close: Covid, a firework-free Guy Fawkes and a paucity of presents/food at Christmas.

New age spiritualist and mind-reader Daniel Hannan, writing in The Telegraph, claims that, "Deep down, Biden knows that a US/UK trade deal makes perfect sense." Where is this much vaunted trade deal then? In 2019, Boris said he wanted it done and dusted in a year. Get Brexit done.

Nigel Farage has tweeted his support for Marcos Alonso, the Chelsea defender. Strange times.

And rumours, via Marr, that Boris is about to unilaterally rip up the NIP. EV will be delighted.

A fitting analogy there. The skies will be darker than usual on Bonfire Night, just as Boris is helping to usher in the Endarkenment...

Worse than Mogg in the cab, they’re trying to lure retired drivers back. Mr. Shapps said a benefit of Brexit meant we could pass HGV drivers without pesky EU standards now. Cataracts and stroke level high blood pressure no barrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back