advertisement

Office Chair

andyoz

pfm Member
I'm going to treat myself (and my back) to a proper ergonomic office chair.

Any leads on where to buy a good one online.

I expect there's a load of tat out there in amongst the good ones

Regards refurbished, the last time I was buying office chairs was 2012 and second hand office furniture places were rammed as 4 years of company liquidations.

Not sure what the dynamic is now...I assume companies are funding new chairs for the WFH brigade and just selling their used office gear onto auction places?

Mirra2 is the most comfortable office chair I have sat in for a smaller office space. Have done many long days in it and it is very comfy.

A few threads on this in the past. Me and The Wife use Steelcase Gesture chairs from Hunts Furniture. Without doubt the best office chair I have ever sat in. 8 to 12 hrs straight and no issues, discomfort of back strain. Pricey but well worth it for the amount of time we spend sitting in them.

https://www.huntsoffice.co.uk/office-furniture/steelcase-gesture-shell-back-office-chair

I can see my budget might escalate (unless I find second hand). Hunts don't deliver to NI, bummer!

buying an office chair online is fraught with problems. When I bought the Ergo Human chair I was lucky enough to have the chance to try some out. Including my bosses steelcase chair which I found very uncomfortable. I didn't like the Herman Miller Aeron much, but the Mirra2 is very comfy, for a reasonably compact chair.

My Ergo Human on the other hand is exceptionally comfortable and generously proportioned. I added on the leg rest which is excellent

I bought a second-hand Steelcase Leap 2 recently. No complaints. There are significant savings to be had buying used.

For me, and I think it may be because I am tall, all those types of designs are a nightmare for me, as there is no head support.

I have to go for one where I have the head cushion touching my head when sitting upright, this prevents fatigue, and keeps me in alignment much better than those ergo chairs, so definitely try before you buy!

Did this recently and found you really need to try before you buy: had a few in mind that looked good online but weren’t great when I tried them in the shop. Downside is a spent a lot more than I was planning to.

Yes budget would help, and whether op wants new or is will to buy refurb.

Herman Miller Mira2 in the home office. from here iirc
https://www.back2.co.uk/herman-miller-mirra-2-triflex-slate-grey.html

Ergo Human in office

https://www.ergohuman.net/ergohuman-office-chairs/ergohuman-leather-seat-mesh-back.html

I have found these near me. I've noted your comments on the Aeron...

mZXSMAM.jpg

m6YyHDj.jpg

I have found these near me. I've noted your comments on the Aeron...

mZXSMAM.jpg

m6YyHDj.jpg

The Areon is a very comfortable chair, but if you have any kind of back problems, they may not be the best. They also occupy more floor area than the average office chair.

advertisement

Back