advertisement

Got any petrol or diesel?

Jamie

pfm Member
My petrol will last until Wednesday, I declined in following the panic buyers. My local Morrisons, Asda and Sainsbury's are all out. I am hoping I will be able to fill up on my usual schedule? Likely to be tricky for at least a week.
Wife's car is full, as she did the usual fill up (from empty) the day before the story broke.
Fingers crossed!

Blimey is it really that bad? I hadn't noticed when out and about, the van has 3/4 tank but the car has less than 50 miles in it, just about to pop out so will see what is like here.

Blimey is it really that bad? I hadn't noticed when out and about, the van has 3/4 tank but the car has less than 50 miles in it, just about to pop out so will see what is like here.
Anywhere with any will have a massive queue, if Nottingham city is anything to go by....

The government have completely caused this and had the media fan the flames. It’s just another in a long list of ‘keep quiet and hope it will all be OK’ policy decisions that will result in last minute crisis driven costly ‘paper over the crack’ type fixes. They have known for months about the shortage of drivers and did nothing! Truly piss poor governance from a good time PM who is utterly ineffectual when the going gets remotely tough! Still a good proportion of the country voted them in so I guess this is the future they voted for!

I am off to Clitheroe on Monday and hadn't sufficient in the tank to get there, so filled up at my local BP station yesterday afternoon. It was busy, but there was one pump free. No queue.

IMG-20210925-095249.jpg

Went to Asda (Kettering) for weekly shop yesterday. Petrol station closed, coned off. What was unusual was that there were two members of staff who appeared to be patrolling in front of said cones. Did wonder whether someone had kicked off. . .

John

Started our tour round the Scottish west coast islands this morning. We set off from Keswick, no problems filling up there, & no sign of queues or closures on any of the garages we passed today on our way up. Is this panic buying a southern thing?

A middle class thing.. no toilet paper in Surrey now. Dicks.

advertisement

Back