advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this might be fake, but Johnson really said this at the UN. He was projecting bigly.

Britain will soon resemble a restaurant after a visit from the Bullingdon club. The Lebanon of Europe.

E_8s-I4XMAAb2SO

I gather this is taken from his autobiography or something? I would have said he had no self-awareness, but this is a sharp observation of himself and the people around him.

Hardly. I certainly don't forget either the lies told or that so many of the public were duped into such a stupid decision.

BTW, are you going to volunteer to pick some veg for us?

No, why should I?

BTW, I could make assumptions about you but I refrain from such nonsense.

Lewisham is gridlock with long queues stretching down the main road and buses stuck or on diversion/cancelled.

Reports of a serious collision outside a petrol station with a car hitting a motorcyclist. Really hope the rider is OK but it's being described by witnesses as a possible fatality.

Thats the LTN to blame, mostly.

of course not but the telling thing is that Britain is the only country with food and energy shortages.
Both more likely to do with general UK govt than brexit, but I doubt hard remainers will want to accept that. There was even an industry expert on tv the other night talking about UK govt decisions to close down gas storage capacity. It really does just look like short sighted UK govt helping companies chase short term profit.

Both more likely to do with general UK govt than brexit, but I doubt hard remainers will want to accept that. There was even an industry expert on tv the other night talking about UK govt decisions to close down gas storage capacity. It really does just look like short sighted UK govt helping companies chase short term profit.
There's going to be some effect from Brexit even if it is largely down to government incompetence. The very intertwined nature of global supply chains which has been created over the last forty-odd years makes in certain that the UK withdrawal would cause the UK to feel some supply shocks caused by legal obstacles. That's just plain obvious. The government incompetence was in not spending time devising a strategy for increased domestic output of essential goods and services.

In any case, the UK may have withdrawn from an economic bloc, but the rest of the world hasn't, they are mostly trying to join them! I'm making no remarks about whether that is right or wrong, but being a lone player in such a scenario, and one with not a huge amount of real clout in comparison, was always going to be difficult.

There's going to be some effect from Brexit even if it is largely down to government incompetence. The very intertwined nature of global supply chains which has been created over the last forty-odd years makes in certain that the UK withdrawal would cause the UK to feel some supply shocks caused by legal obstacles. That's just plain obvious. The government incompetence was in not spending time devising a strategy for increased domestic output of essential goods and services.

In any case, the UK may have withdrawn from an economic bloc, but the rest of the world hasn't, they are mostly trying to join them! I'm making no remarks about whether that is right or wrong, but being a lone player in such a scenario, and one with not a huge amount of real clout in comparison, was always going to be difficult.
Yes, of course, though equally not every problem will be due to brexit. If only the hard remainers would stop crying ‘wolf’ every 5 minutes.

Why is the UK suffering energy shortages?

The UK is not suffering from an energy shortage, there's enough gas, petrol or diesel.

What it has is a distribution problem, no insulation from international gas market volatility and placed too much reliance on gas to cover the shortfall from renewable generation.

Shit-for-brains is apparently regretting it now
https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/boris-johnson-deeply-regrets-going-down-brexit-route-close-sources-reveal-101062/
And his polar opposite has written a book about the withdrawal negotiations. Review here.
Barnier writes: “I still think it is insane that a great country like the UK is conducting such a negotiation and taking such a decision … without having any clear vision of it or a majority to support it.” His conclusion, with which I agree, is that: “There is most definitely something wrong with the British system … every passing day shows that they have not realised the consequences of what is truly at stake here."

Offer is actually £30/hour and only lasts a few weeks. Not such an exciting headline.

My post did quote that it amounted to £62k per annum 'equivalent'. At £30 an hour it is a pretty good rate of pay but I know it wouldn't be for me, at my age, as it would be physically demanding work.

Regards

Richard

I think Tesco needs to say to the government “right you’ve had five years to sort this out, what are you going to do about it?”
Spokeswoman for U.K. chambers of commerce said yesterday that the first wave of HGV driver EU nationals left at Brexit, the second wave went back to the EU when Covid hit. Brexit was meant to be about stopping them comin in and taking our jobs. The lie beautifully exposed now.
Interestingly I used to work for BCC (is this who you mean?), there was not a credible person there, their understanding of data collection and interpretation was non-existent. I was in fact one of only 3 qualified market researchers there and they never really got us.

Here is the opinion of someone that knows what he is talking about regarding the lorry driver shortage.

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/bLJDP

Taken from BBC Radio 4 Today this morning.

Look how impartial, imbalanced and seemingly on a mission that is not really news Byline TV is. Taken from their facebook page:

We are people powered, and we will
1f6a8.png
Expose Brexit lies
1f6a8.png
Hold Boris Johnson to account
1f6a8.png
Root out corruption

Although, I'm up for all 3 of those, they are fairly strange and narrow and 6th formy objectives for a credible news channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back