advertisement

Prince Charles

It's a wonder that the people of France, Austria, Germany etc. are not rattling the gates of their presidential seats, demanding relief from restive nights. "Please", they implore, "free us from this sleep-stealing uncertainty."

No, the argument that a monarchy is required to help people sleep at night or prevent chaos is pure propaganda. As demonstrated by countries with other constitutional arrangements, it has no basis in fact.

That said, I am a democrat, and the fact remains that the British people are not in favour of abolishing the monarchy. Which is why my position is that it should be put on a less feudal footing by being:

- reduced in headcount,
- made accountable (by being open to Freedom of Information Act, etc),
- and equalised in law with the general populace (no sealing of wills, no exemptions from Inheritance Tax, no freedom from prosecution/testifying in a court of law, etc).

They are our servants and, on that basis, should be accountable to us.

You hit the nail on the head - the British people are pro-Monarchy (as is the Commonwealth).

I think the Royals have already grasped that they need to 'level down'. They have adapted before and will continue to do so.

Sleep well tonight.

You hit the nail on the head - the British people are pro-Monarchy (as is the Commonwealth).
Some of the Commonwealth countries are well aware that keeping the Queen as head of state is a very cheap option compared with paying for their own president.

I'll be astonished if I live to see her funeral. Or Keith Richards' for that matter.
I think they'll kidnap Helen Mirren when Liz shuffles off and wheel her out as a sub. That's got to be worth a few years.I reckon that there's a good ten years or so left in her, all she has to do is meet the odd dignitary and do the Christmas speech.

Some of the Commonwealth countries are well aware that keeping the Queen as head of state is a very cheap option compared with paying for their own president.

Don't know, though. If the UK queen disappeared, Australia would not be forced to invent a substitute. Many countries, USA, France, do not have a figurehead "head of state," in that the president is head of the government. If Italy's figurehead president, who is not head of the government but a kind of constitutional father figure, visited Australia, I doubt they would fly QEII over to meet him.

51508003783_72e7c9a52b_c.jpg

Royalty conferring a sense of stability and order on the UK

I don’t know if this is a pointer - but, this is a battle scene. Guns, swords and such like. So, who thought it a good idea to send some poor chap out to fight with a trumpet?

I don’t know if this is a pointer - but, this is a battle scene. Guns, swords and such like. So, who thought it a good idea to send some poor chap out to fight with a trumpet?
That’s not a trumpet, that’s blow pipe. A type of early pneumatic blunderbus. Quite lethal in the right lips.

I think they'll kidnap Helen Mirren when Liz shuffles off and wheel her out as a sub. That's got to be worth a few years.I reckon that there's a good ten years or so left in her, all she has to do is meet the odd dignitary and do the Christmas speech.
She’s already been replaced - it’s common knowledge in those areas of the internet not controlled by the Mainstream Media. Her role was taken by someone called Billie Shears following a bizarre tripping-over-a-Corgi accident. There was an infamous photo of Buck House with a VW front left whose registration number gave it all away. Needless to say, all copies have been suppressed.

It would be a pretty beefy chap who could drive a knife through a steel helm. By all accounts he was more likely killed in combat with a bill or halberd. However, as you say, Henry's wishes would be well known by his troops, so no quarter would have been given.
You wouldn't need to penetrate the steel helmet. The whole point about killing with a stiletto was that it could be thrust through the eye holes or breathing vents in the visor without having to remove or open up the helmet, and thence into the brain :)

I was slicing into a nice Camembert when I read that bit about a stiletto going into the brain. Brought it to life!

She’s already been replaced - it’s common knowledge in those areas of the internet not controlled by the Mainstream Media. Her role was taken by someone called Billie Shears following a bizarre tripping-over-a-Corgi accident. There was an infamous photo of Buck House with a VW front left whose registration number gave it all away. Needless to say, all copies have been suppressed.
Not a white Fiat Uno?

Play into the hands of Putin…

Priceless!
Laughed like a drain.

Putin is already engaged in trying to undermine the British state/establishment. Every time someone is seduced by the siren call of the anti-monarchists (some of whom, coincidently, are pro-Russia), they should take a moment to consider that a potential vote against the Queen would be a vote for United Russia.

Sorry, what? I don't follow your argument here. Your conclusion doesn't derive from the two statements you made before it.

advertisement

Back