advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
My office setup, it sounds very good :)

IMG-0532.jpg

Quite a few changes for me, over this long lock down period.

QsxnRkf.jpg

Not in any order, my changes include:-

New cartridge - My first MC - Ortofon Quintet Black S

TvlYB9b.jpg

New phono stage - Ryan Sound Lab - neat and very flexible, transimpedance design - beautifully made and sounds sublime.

wu7I2KV.jpg

Re-modeled Gyrodec - new springs, gold motor case, arm mount, and spring covers black anodized, bronzed tinted chassis and back, blacked with 95% tint, plus blacktac under the spider

RadQPmT.jpg

DBX Venu 360 DSP/Active crossover and little mini fanless, SSD PC performing Roon end-point duties feeding Chinese USB->AES conversion

eaj76eI.jpg

Sanders ELS MkII power amp driving the panels, and Heavily modified and improved 4 channel 250x4 pro Amtech amp (by the amazing Jim French) driving the Transmission line and my home made Ripoles (containing 4x12" Peerless bass drivers) clad in nappa leather and oak.

sjEum0l.jpg

Finally my Innersound ISIS by Roger Sanders also, converted to be driven actively.

Behind I have added two bass bins by GIK.

Over all is a squeeze to fit it all in, hence why the poweramps are positioned the way they are. I think I can re-do that, but prefer to use my time enjoying the music now, the sound is really good, so very happy.

First system pic in a while:

51429115226_a5971268a1_z.jpg

AV System
Sources: OPPO 103D blu ray player; Pioneer DV-600 DVD player; Amazon Fire TV thing; Nvidia Shield TV
Amplification: Marantz NR-1510 (processing and rear speakers in 4.0 setup); Naim NAP100 (front speakers, the ones on the wall)
Speakers: Kralk Audio BC-30s (one pair as front speakers and one pair as rear speakers)

Hi-Fi System
Sources: LP12 (pre-Cirkus with Denon DL-110 cart and Trichord Dino+ phono stage); Bluesound Node 2i (via coax digital out to Chord Qutest)
Amplification: Teddy Pardo i80a
Speakers: Tannoy Eaton Legacy

Other
Mana Acoustics
IsoAcoustic Gaia things
GIK Bass traps (not shown)
Towel to hide the TV when not in use
Shallow bowl for ease of rummaging when assembling Lego, which doubles as soundwave diffuser (allegedly, possibly)
Floating red sock

The room measures 3.25m in width, 4.3m in length and 3.15m in height. The Tannoys sound best when firing down the length of the room but because their ideal posititioning puts them way too close to the doorway I've had to settle for the second best option; there's no second best option in having them firing down the length of the room as they'd end up being too close to each other and so lose their ability to do a large sound stage. Firing down the length of the room is sadly an all-or-nothing option.

Fwiw, I'm running a Tape-Out from my Teddy Pardo amp into my AVR so I can play records and listen to streams from my Node 2i through my Kralk Audio speakers if and when I feel the need/desire to do so. Scenarios where I probably would are early morning and late night listening.

Oh, and the reason I'm using a DVD player as well as a blu ray player is that my OPPO can rip SACDs so I want its mech to last as long as possible.

If the above pic shows systems 1 and 2, then the pics below show systems 3 and 4; including a bonus pic of the cubby hole seating area I created by shifting my wardrobes along to the right (I had to lose a 4x2 IKEA Kallax to make it work).

51496283908_62a0b57cdf_z.jpg

51495274477_7a36e92b89_z.jpg

51496781989_96187352c7_z.jpg

Computer/Cubby Hole System
Sources: Chromecast Audio (powered by battery, analogue out to amp); mac mini running JRiver (via Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Plus)
Amplification: Rega io
Speakers: Tannoy Autograph Mini GR

Bed System
Sources: Sony UBPX800; Denon DM-41 on-board CD Player
Amplification: Denon DM-41
Speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 9.0

Other
Sennheiser HD-595
Anglepoise Type 75 Mini

As you can see I've still to put some pics on the wall: I want to be sure they only go up once so I'm giving it time to be completely sure before I knock some holes in the wall. Oh, and the other reason I wanted to create a wee cubby hole is that all my books are in my bedroom and frankly, it's hard to concentrate when you're reading in the living room and you've got a big pair of bookshelf Tannoys whispering in your ear: Play something, Derek, just play something, anything and I'll bring those sweet sounds to life! So having somewhere to sit where music is simply music and not hi-fi in any way was the way to go.

If I'm being honest, system 4 only exists as the leftovers of leftovers. I've never actually used it since I put it together lol.

If the above pic shows systems 1 and 2, then the pics below show systems 3 and 4; including a bonus pic of the cubby hole seating area I created by shifting my wardrobes along to the right (I had to lose a 4x2 IKEA Kallax to make it work).

51496283908_62a0b57cdf_z.jpg

51495274477_7a36e92b89_z.jpg

51496781989_96187352c7_z.jpg

Computer/Cubby Hole System
Sources: Chromecast Audio (powered by battery, analogue out to amp); mac mini running JRiver (via Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Plus)
Amplification: Rega io
Speakers: Tannoy Autograph Mini GR

Bed System
Sources: Sony UBPX800; Denon DM-41 on-board CD Player
Amplification: Denon DM-41
Speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 9.0

Other
Sennheiser HD-595

As you can see I've still to put some pics on the wall: I want to be sure they only go up once so I'm giving it time to be completely sure before I knock some holes in the wall. Oh, and the other reason I wanted to create a wee cubby hole is that all my books are in my bedroom and frankly, it's hard to concentrate when you're reading in the living room and you've got a big pair of bookshelf Tannoys whispering in your ear: Play something, Derek, just play something, anything and I'll bring those sweet sounds to life! So having somewhere to sit where music is simply music and not hi-fi in any way was the way to go.

If I'm being honest, system 4 only exists as the leftovers of leftovers. I've never actually used it since I put it together lol.

Love the baby Tannoys, in the same way I love having my MkI Kans playing across the desk..

Did you take the elephant picture yourself that is adorning the wall and no doubt adding something to the overall ambiance if not the audio quality.

dmp

To help get the best from my Leak ST20 I’ve got hold of a Khozmo passive which has been superb. I love my Croft 25 but the Khozmo seems to work really well and makes the most of the Leak’s low noise floor.

Then of course, I needed a phono stage and I’ve gone for a Graham Slee Accession M with PSU1. It’s just fantastic. And I love to have a mono switch for my mono jazz/50s vocalists collection.

Just need to find a digital source that doesn’t lead to a ground loop. Just got the Chromecast plugged in via it’s line output now which doesn’t sound great but at least there’s no ground loop.

q8oEa2l.jpg

Don't recall when I last posted in here, so here are a few updated photos.

The stereo portion of my "main" system, which integrated with the rest of the kit in my dedicated listening/home cinema room:

5ksgjO0.jpg

V9fbJK7.jpg

zQYib1T.jpg

And my office system. This is the one I probably use the most now that I WFH so it's had a few upgrades in the last year. Yes, I like Sony ES gear :)

gUkfqZI.jpg

And my more minimalist living room system:

75X73Ne.jpg

Listening Room:
Kef Reference Model 3.2, Meridian 557, Audiolab 8200DQ, Sony 228ES CD player, also a Chromecast Audio

Office:
Sony 530ES amp, X303ES CD player, TAG Mclaren DAC20 DAC (using with CD player), Audiolab Q-DAC (using as a USB DAC from laptop), Quad S1 speakers, BK Gemini sub

Living room:
Arcam A70 amplifier, Chromecast Audio, Monitor Audio Silver 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back