advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gassed Saidu wins rap game. Wheel up for his last challenge

Now getting moist for Ru Pauls Drag Race

We fell for the ‘Fit the best, fit Everest’ marketing spiel when we had double glazing fitted and paid over the odds. They’ve been fine, but two of the locking handles just fell off, so the windows were not secure. They wanted £125 call out to send somebody to appraise the job. Non-refundable, and not deducted from the cost of any subsequent work. When pressed to indicate whether it was likely they’d have spares for windows fitted in 2003, they demurred and said that the person who appraised the job could tell us that.

Called a local firm on the recommendation of somebody from my wife’s WI group. Pleasant chap dropped round the next day, said something like ‘no problem, we do these all the time, the fittings are pretty standard’. He came today, fitted them both in about 20 minutes and adjusted one of the windows so it shut more cleanly.

£40.

$>~%#<€%< Everest rip-off merchants.

Everest are on at least their second iteration if not third since 2003.
Old version folds taking all warranties with it, new one sets up with name changed by a letter or comma.
Rinse, repeat.
Scumbag of a company.

Car service. Incredibly efficient at Mercedes Heathrow. One way system for the car upon arrival.
Receptionist emails loan car paperwork, signed on line, keys handed over.
Text messages advising status, video walk around emailed indicating tyre wear, underbody etc
Finally, ready for collection mid afternoon and immaculately valeted. More emails to finalise and away I go.

Marley loves Drag Race.

20210921-211713.jpg

going to be interesting with an AFAB contestant this year. Can't wait for the series to start now we've had the intros

BBC3 worth it's weight in licence fee gold, glad it's coming back to live broadcasting in 2022

We fell for the ‘Fit the best, fit Everest’ marketing spiel when we had double glazing fitted and paid over the odds. They’ve been fine, but two of the locking handles just fell off, so the windows were not secure. They wanted £125 call out to send somebody to appraise the job. Non-refundable, and not deducted from the cost of any subsequent work. When pressed to indicate whether it was likely they’d have spares for windows fitted in 2003, they demurred and said that the person who appraised the job could tell us that.

Called a local firm on the recommendation of somebody from my wife’s WI group. Pleasant chap dropped round the next day, said something like ‘no problem, we do these all the time, the fittings are pretty standard’. He came today, fitted them both in about 20 minutes and adjusted one of the windows so it shut more cleanly.

£40.

$>~%#<€%< Everest rip-off merchants.

Went to London to watch Everton lose on penalties to QPR. The good news is I can go to see Billy Bragg on the date of the next round of the Carabao cup.

took car for MOT and new shocks at kwik fit

then at nhs diabetic centre with friend for retinal screening , magnificent centre and first class service

Been sat at a piano from Abbey Road Studios…. Pink Floyd, Paul Weller, Foo Fighters, Dido, Kate Bush, Amy Winehouse, all sat and bashed the same keys - was bought new for the studios in 1973. It’s lovely, wear used, unrestored and a few cigarette burns on the music rack - I wonder who?! :cool:

Harvesting this year’s Pink Fir Apple crop. We used to flog them to Tesco for their Value Own Label Misshapen Spuds range, but we’ve cottoned on to market forces and now sell them in paper bags in the Dungeon Gift Shoppe as Squire’s Own Organically Produced and Picked with Extra Care at a tenner for six. Profits are up fiftyfold. (I learned about marketing from the Audio forum.)

51502831511_268ac579dd_z.jpg

Last edited:
Back from a physio session to see if my back muscles can be made to relax in time for my sons wedding in three weeks so I can stand upright.
After physio popped into Sainsbury’s to avail myself of their 25% off 6 bottles wine offer.

Back from a physio session to see if my back muscles can be made to relax in time for my sons wedding in three weeks so I can stand upright.
After physio popped into Sainsbury’s to avail myself of their 25% off 6 bottles wine offer.

Best of luck. The wine might not help you stand upright but should make you feel better.
Mine is much better now thankfully. Quick tea break between mowing lawns.

Harvesting this year’s Pink Fir Apple crop. We used to flog them to Tesco for their Value Own Label Misshapen Spuds range, but we’ve cottoned on to market forces and now sell them in paper bags in the Dungeon Gift Shoppe as Squire’s Own Organically Produced and Picked with Extra Care at a tenner for six. Profits are up fiftyfold. (I learned about marketing from the Audio forum.) After I signed off the bag design, someone added a rather unflattering caricature before it was sent to the printers. That’s my view of it, at least. However, it seems the punters find it amusing, so I’ve buttoned my lip for the time being.

51502831511_268ac579dd_z.jpg

I love those.

Another day in the factory, dealing with labour shortages, gas crisis, usual aggro. Then a great bike ride, managed to find Red Wharf Bay. Beautiful area. Back just after dark, with lights.

Another day in the factory, dealing with labour shortages, gas crisis, usual aggro. Then a great bike ride, managed to find Red Wharf Bay. Beautiful area. Back just after dark, with lights.

Lovely spot. Grab a pint at The Ship if you can. Don’t know how much time you have, one of my favourite places is Newborough beach / forest. Alternatively, just to the north, Moelfre is very pretty (and has a pub).

Lovely spot. Grab a pint at The Ship if you can. Don’t know how much time you have, one of my favourite places is Newborough beach / forest. Alternatively, just to the north, Moelfre is very pretty (and has a pub).
I can get to Newburgh (Niwbwrch) from here, half an hour on a bike. Been to Malltreach, nearby. Oh, "treach" is beach, I think. I think my spellings are right.

I can get to Newburgh (Niwbwrch) from here, half an hour on a bike. Been to Malltreach, nearby. Oh, "treach" is beach, I think. I think my spellings are right.

Yep, I guess the light could be your challenge if at the end of the day on the bike (although amazing sunsets). Get out to the lighthouse on Llanddwyn Island if you can. Magical place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back