advertisement

Anyone work for D V L A ?

AudioAl

pfm Member
As above please ??????????

Tried phoning 100 times today " Im sorry " then cut of

Sent my licence and HGV medical to DVLA 16 August , Licence expired 15/9/21
Still not had my new licence , Tried to hire a 7.5 Ton lorry " No Sir not without your licence " NO photocopys either

yes i do know someonne who works at dvla , but they are utterly useless most of the time . i have probably done about 60 reports for untaxed cars [ some several times ] with very little results in past year. almost nothing happens . i dont know why we bother to tax or mot our cars as no one bothers to check . many folks dont bother , only time is when you need insurance and many dont bother with that either .

yes i do know someonne who works at dvla , but they are utterly useless most of the time . i have probably done about 60 reports for untaxed cars [ some several times ] with very little results in past year. almost nothing happens . i dont know why we bother to tax or mot our cars as no one bothers to check . many folks dont bother , only time is when you need insurance and many dont bother with that either .

From what I understand, around 2 million drivers are doing so without insurance. Appx 300,000 are convicted per annum. 1 in 6 chance of being caught, per annum as a broad brush approach?

As above please ??????????

Tried phoning 100 times today " Im sorry " then cut of

Sent my licence and HGV medical to DVLA 16 August , Licence expired 15/9/21
Still not had my new licence , Tried to hire a 7.5 Ton lorry " No Sir not without your licence " NO photocopys either

Have you seen this?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ving-licences-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic

You don't need an LGV licence for a 7.5 tonne truck. As a temp measure could you renew for just a car licence, use that to hire the truck, then amend to include LGV in due course? Above article seems to be suggesting something along those lines.

If you have a note of the licence number, and national insurance number, the hire company 'might' accept the details from the dvla check code page, I know hire companies do when on holiday abroad and you've forgotten your licence. It gives you a check code for the hire company to check your details, not sure if it'll help but worth a try.

https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence

Might need to register here as an alternative method.

https://www.signin.service.gov.uk/start

Have you seen this?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ving-licences-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic

You don't need an LGV licence for a 7.5 tonne truck. As a temp measure could you renew for just a car licence, use that to hire the truck, then amend to include LGV in due course? Above article seems to be suggesting something along those lines.

I phoned the hire company who phoned their insurance company and the answer was NO , Must have a in date licence with the class C entitlement that I have along with all the others

I phoned the hire company who phoned their insurance company and the answer was NO , Must have a in date licence with the class C entitlement that I have along with all the others

What about the paper counterpart licence, would that supplement do if you have it.

I recently did a number plate change on an 7.5t lorry which required new V5, new plate and new plating certificate. I found the on-line forms for the latter two items very confusing but a call, yes call to DVLA resulted in a very pleasant lady talking me through it all with little delay when ringing. She explained that she was working from home and was partly why there was a delay. All paperwork delivered within the week.

At other times I just got cut off without entering a queue, so I suspect it's the day/time you call that's the problem.

CHE

I recently did a number plate change on an 7.5t lorry which required new V5, new plate and new plating certificate. I found the on-line forms for the latter two items very confusing but a call, yes call to DVLA resulted in a very pleasant lady talking me through it all with little delay when ringing. She explained that she was working from home and was partly why there was a delay. All paperwork delivered within the week.

At other times I just got cut off without entering a queue, so I suspect it's the day/time you call that's the problem.

CHE

9am until 2pm when I gave up yet again

advertisement

Back