advertisement

Today I have been in 2 Ferraris

In the day Pocher made a 1:8 scale kit of the TR. Like to have that one, at least (I have an unfinished Tamiya in 1:24, though). No, not a very pretty car. Just think about the Dino 246 :)

Talking about eye of the beholder stuff, I thought the ‘80s ‘Miami Vice’ Testarossa was just about the ugliest car Ferrari has produced. Even at the time I thought it was crass and ungainly, totally unlike the dainty and subtle lines we expect.

I was always in two minds. Radiators mounted at the rear for the first time (I think it was the first time) forced that rear end design.

At the £50k they used to go for I guess they would be worth having as something very 80's to look at but not at £100k+

I just had a look at Testarrosa asking prices...6 figure sum...surely you can get something alot more exciting to actually drive for that dosh. I mean that Ferrari weighs 1700kg...

Is it to properly drive for a weekend thrill?
He's out in it every weekend, showboating mainly.

Says if he could only keep one, he'd sell the 348 and 360 and keep the Testa Rossa. I didn't go in the 360, the missus did. she said it was great. i trust her there as she also thinks the other two are shit.

I was always in two minds. Radiators mounted at the rear for the first time (I think it was the first time) forced that rear end design.

At the £50k they used to go for I guess they would be worth having as something very 80's to look at but not at £100k+
Apparently the characteristic strakes were a result of legal limitations on how big a radiator opening can be.

Of course, for looks, nothing (IMHO) can touch this racing Ferrari:
Of all his designs, Mauro Forghieri was proudest of this one.
A stunning looking car. As far as the Testarossa is concerned I've always preferred the looks of its predecessor - the 365 GT4 or 512 Boxer.

The guages are falling out of the console lol!

And the dash dials wouldn't look out of place in a Peugeot.

Was his hand touching you leg on gear changes ..it's position was setup for LHD ...

bKKRcvb.jpg

Wow - that's a seriously ugly interior. I was at a Ferrari dealership a couple of weeks ago (they showed the F1 Monza race on a big screen TV - very nice of them) and the newer Ferraris have lovely looking interiors. Was tempted to ask what they'd give me for a trade in on my Mazda minivan. :)

That V12 takes 15.5 litres of oil. Sort of sets the parameters for what you're dealing with there...

I've never really been interested in a super-car (well, at least not since I was a teenager playing Top Trumps where, if I recall correctly, the Countach scored very well) - I'd much rather have something like a 911 or a Cayman that's more useable in the real world.

We see a fair few supercars coming through our village (new ones and vintage ones - we're a waypoint on various highly regarded driving routes in the Cairngorms) and the one thing they all appear to have in common is that they get driven quite slowly so I'm assuming they are either enjoying the scenery (which is great) or the enjoyment comes from the ownership experience rather than them being a lot of fun to drive.

I've never really been interested in a super-car (well, at least not since I was a teenager playing Top Trumps where, if I recall correctly, the Countach scored very well) - I'd much rather have something like a 911 or a Cayman that's more useable in the real world.

We see a fair few supercars coming through our village (new ones and vintage ones - we're a waypoint on various highly regarded driving routes in the Cairngorms) and the one thing they all appear to have in common is that they get driven quite slowly so I'm assuming they are either enjoying the scenery (which is great) or the enjoyment comes from the ownership experience rather than them being a lot of fun to drive.

Thing is, alot of supercars don't get tracked either. Seems an exercise in frustration or license loss to me anyway.

I was at Cannonball Ireland run last Sunday. All sorts of great stuff and it was being used (Police were turning a blind eye). Really impressive watching a Lambo's and McLarens going for it. Here's video of the tamer part of proceedings...best pass is at 06:20 and was in the centre of Slane right in from of the Police (Garda)

Yes, I have seen quite a few in the area too. They seem to favour the B976 from Craithie over the top
Last time I was at The Lecht it was a Hillman Imp group though!

advertisement

Back