advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter only went back on Friday for instance, it'll probably be two or three weeks before schools feed much into the numbers. Again I thought the sudden fall at the weekend (8000 between Friday and Saturday) highly unusual.
Numbers clearly rising now.

Plan B will be needed soon as many reports suggest that hospitals are struggling again. Sadly the decision to go for Plan B will be made too late, as Johnson does not seem to have learnt that with a virus you need to hit it early and hit it hard.

In February / March 2020 a virus expert (cannot remember his name) who had helped countries all round the world manage a range of highly infectious viruses, said exactly that, i.e. hit the virus early and hard. This should not result in lockdowns, which should only be used when other measures have failed.

Plan B will be needed soon as many reports suggest that hospitals are struggling again. Sadly the decision to go for Plan B will be made too late, as Johnson does not seem to have learnt that with a virus you need to hit it early and hit it hard.

In February / March 2020 a virus expert (cannot remember his name) who had helped countries all round the world manage a range of highly infectious viruses, said exactly that, i.e. hit the virus early and hard. This should not result in lockdowns, which should only be used when other measures have failed.

Many of my daughters friends are not getting the vaccine in the mistaken belief that the case for it is unproven. Two of her class have gone down today...

many reports suggest that hospitals are struggling again.

Varies from region to region according to ZOE - though I’m a bit wary myself because I’m not sure what “overwhelm the NHS” means - it’s a big complex system with lots of opportunity for moving the furniture about.

D99018-A9-F0-C9-4811-A100-8-C2-B68-E1-C2-F3.png

Depends how you define 'overload'. The nhs shouldn't be running at more than 85% capacity, the truth is it was overloaded even before covid.

Yes, I added something to the post to make that point.

Is your daughter going to take the vaccine?

Here in Scotland there was a big jump when the schools went back - that lasted about a month and is dropping back down now, although not as quickly as the initial increase.

Some reassurance. Delta needs two doses so maybe by Christmas if jcvi gets its act together.

Well, don't believe everything you read on twitter! Of course, it may be right, but when I read it I thought to myself "I'm just not qualified to decide the strength of this argument!" One thing I guess we've all learned over the past 18 months -- it's very rarely black and white.

Many of my daughters friends are not getting the vaccine in the mistaken belief that the case for it is unproven. Two of her class have gone down today...
Unfortunately I think that is likely to a common set of events around the country.

Well, don't believe everything you read on twitter! Of course, it may be right, but when I read it I thought to myself "I'm just not qualified to decide the strength of this argument!" One thing I guess we've all learned over the past 18 months -- it's very rarely black and white.

The trials and regulatory approval from MRHA in June were based on two doses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back