advertisement

TV show - record deck ID?

Isn't it funny , if a character is in need of being cool (remember "suits") or a bit mysterious...then they are shown as being a turntable using music listener

Professor T: S1.E4 'Mother Love'

Screen-Shot-2021-09-16-at-7-10-09-AM.png

It's either a Goldring Lenco GL-69 or 72.

The GL-69 has a black bearing housing/counterweight and the GL-72's are silver.

Or a Bogen perhaps? Even possibly a Lenco B50?
Perhaps, you meant B60?

I'm certain that it is GL 72/B55 series/generation.

LP enthusiasts of a certain age should be able to recognize the make of cartridge from this pic (Hint: There are two correct answers.).

1971030-440cf97d-lenco-b55-turntable.jpg

Regardless the hi-fi spotting, I'm looking forward to checking out the show. Always enjoyed Ben Miller's idiosyncratic character roles. Love how he dismisses the investigators by turning up the volume on the opera LP at the end of the trailer there.

Last edited:
Watched episode 2 of Professor T last evening and it was clear to see that the amplifier is a Bose Spatial Control Receiver, and there was a Bose 901, possibly Series III, visible in a corner.

bose-551-spatial-control.jpg

bose-spatial-control-left.jpg

bose-spatial-control-right.jpg

Perhaps, you meant B60?

I'm certain that it is GL 72/B55 series/generation.

LP enthusiasts of a certain age should be able to recognize the make of cartridge from this pic (Hint: There are two correct answers.).

1971030-440cf97d-lenco-b55-turntable.jpg

Regardless the hi-fi spotting, I'm looking forward to checking out the show. Always enjoyed Ben Miller's idiosyncratic character roles. Love how he dismisses the investigators by turning up the volume on the opera LP at the end of the trailer there.
A&R P77?

advertisement

Back