advertisement

V

For me, with one or two very rare exceptions, anything with more that three episodes lasting more than one hour each is suspect and best avoided,

Sometimes a five-year mission to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before, man, is only three years long. That one really bugged me. I don’t think I’ve mentioned it before, though.

Joe

For me, with one or two very rare exceptions, anything with more that three episodes lasting more than one hour each is suspect and best avoided,
The ones labelled "limited series" on Netflix are often quite good (depending on individual taste, obviously). They are usually 5-8 episodes with a clear ending and no intention of ever making more.

Sometimes a five-year mission to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before is only three years long. That one really bugged me. I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned it before, though.
That's because time passes differently when you're travelling at warp speed.

I wiped it from memory it was that bad they made it up in their heads or something. Its like in dynasty when the girl wakes up and it was all a dream kind of thing lol.

Its a strange situation really, we want our fav tv shows to go on forever, but it all goes sideways after season three, and we know that as fact.

Any one remember dexter? The last season of that was hilariously bad. Breaking Bad went on for like five seasons too long as well. Sons or Anarchy I recall going tits up after 3 as well. More recent stuff I just stop watching if I see the writing on the wall. Handmaids Tale season 2 was clearly going to be bad so I bailed, same for Westworld.

Mind you I think STNG got going after season 3 so I dont know.

The first series of Twin Peaks was worth watching, I thought.

Never bothered with Lost.

I do not understand what made you watch something if you didn’t enjoy it?

Been a few years but Twin Peaks was a bit on the strange side, I guess like any show I was looking for a resolution.

Lost was half a dozen series full of questions with a crap predictable coming at the end. I guess I was hooked though as I vaguely remember the ending being broadcast during the night simultaneously in the UK and in the States.

Been a few years but Twin Peaks was a bit on the strange side, I guess like any show I was looking for a resolution.

Lost was half a dozen series full of questions with a crap predictable coming at the end. I guess I was hooked though as I vaguely remember the ending being broadcast during the night simultaneously in the UK and in the States.

My kids were into Lost.

Twin Peaks was in keeping with my taste at the time.

I told you it was all in their head or they were in like a limbo, man it was years ago, I don't remember my kids being born. The problem was I only ever dipped in and out of it anyway, I found the show to be nonsense really just doing enough each episode to make you watch the next with no movement forward. Like Game of Thrones.

Eh?
Surely that’s impossible.
21.00 here is 16.00 in New York and 13.00 in San Francisco.

It was something daft like 05:00 UK time. Seems I had a lucky escape (garyi, ha ha ha...) by bailing out after a couple of seasons.

I vaguely remember it as being broadcast at its usual time in the States which I believe was 9pm so equates to 2am UK time. Did they not do the same with the final Friends episode as well so as to avoid spoilers?

How did it become so normal to talk about 'the reboot of..'? I watched that V in the 80s and it was entertaining in the way soap operas are, as someone above classified it. Was it really an idea worth remaking though? It was of its time, with the aliens being just a grandiose stand-in for 'the Nazis' or perpetual U.S. fear of Soviet Union totalitarianism. It's an oft-used trope that can be recycled without having to remake a particular series.

I have a hard time with sci-fi as it is. Even the so-called 'intelligent' sci-fi loses it's way. I only managed two episodes of that Heroes. I knew it would turn into the sort of pseudo-philosophical-meets-new age tripe it always does. Outside of sci-fi Peaky Blinders turned to crap after one series with ever more unbelievable plots and ridiculous characters. I miss not having a telly a little bit for the few good things, but then remember the utter time-wasting garbage that was on there.

Something that never arrived.
As the director explained.... The mystery is all. Apparently he's never opened some presents he got as a child from his grandfather ( I'm going from memory) because only the mystery excites. Explanation are mostly a let down.

I only managed two episodes of that Heroes. I knew it would turn into the sort of pseudo-philosophical-meets-new age tripe it always does.

Heroes was lightweight fun, I stuck through several series of it and enjoyed it mostly, I'd say it was better than The X-Files . It seemed to me that everyone in the show was a hero, hardly anybody was normal. Some great characters were created, the Haition, the time traveller and even that cheerleader.... Oh and that baddy was very good.

advertisement

Back