advertisement

What will be playing in your own private hell?

Country music that isn't from before Elvis (though I can tolerate Kenny Rogers). Crap on the scale of 'Rush' or 'U2'

There are so many particular songs to choose from. Perhaps 'Winds of Change' by Scorpions. Maudlin dogshit.

Stone Roses, The Verve, Ash, any of that jangly crap from the 1990’s, and I include the sheet hair.

Too much of some artists I otherwise like. Seems to be with the voices. Elvis Costello, Richard Thompson and Roland Gift spring to mind.
Can't explain it, sorry.

The Richard Thompson does seem to be "a thing"! I played "52 Vincent Black Lightning" for 3 mates over about 2 months, each time expecting them to be as impressed with this wonderful piece of music, amazing guitar playing, great story in the lyrics etc etc as I was....

.... each kinda went "hmmm.... I don't like his voice" as their first reaction when it finished! Not "yeah amazing finger picking, great tune that Jez, can you do me a copy? that's mega" .. but "hmmm.... I don't like his voice"! Bloody philistines:rolleyes::)

Any-no everything by Jonathan King
Mike Batt - bloody Wombles
Chinn & Chapman 70's version of SAW with Smokie ,Suzy Quattro etc
Osmond's -especially Little Jimmy
SAW - a special shout for the Reynolds Girls with "I'd Rather Jack than Fleetwood Mac"
A sharpened pencil hammered into your ear would be preferable

Having to listen to Tony Blackburn,Noel Edmunds ,Bono
The Reynolds Girls were spot on with the lyrics imo:p

I've just had the most horrendous thought. Not only will some of the dreadful 'tunes' already mentioned be blaring out in my private hell but the DJ will be Steve Wright! I'd like to think I'm a tolerant person but that gobshite... argh!

DJ?

Now then, now then, now then… we’ve got ‘Two Little Boys’ by Rolf Harris, or ‘Do You Wanna Touch Me?’ by Gary Glitter….the only two surviving records…”.

There will be no baseball bats in hell.

n my private hell the soundtrack would be my favourite songs.

How much worse to start with something you love that through incessant repetition becomes an aural nightmare. If it was a song you already hate beyond words you're unlikely to hate it much more after a few thousand plays.

Seems like John Cage's 4'33" would be the best choice.

advertisement

Back