advertisement

Life Is Over - Genesis Are Reforming To Tour

jackbarron

Chelsea, London
Oh dear ... oh dear ... oh dear ...

The nightmare has come true. Genesis are reforming to tour, according to this article.

Luckily Peter Gabriel is not taking part, which means they're not worth going to see anyway.

Jack

Crikey, he's suffering a bit, and the article lists even more problems he's had. I can understand the one last tour thought but looking at Phil I don't think it would be a wise move.

First thought when I saw this post was that our Jack is back posting - then I saw it was from 4 years ago.

All the best to both of them - now isn't the time to be sticking the boot into Phil I think.

I'm in no way a Phil Collins fan - but crikey he seems to have been through the mill a bit.

I can't play a note so can only imagine how soul destroying it must be for a musician to lose the ability to play.

Sad news, it sounds like hell for the guy, and he’s not that old at 70. Whilst obviously highly physical work many drummers play well for a lot longer. It’s like arthritis for guitarists, pianists etc, just the nightmare scenario.

Counter

I saw Phil Collins solo version in concert a couple of years ago - and it was a very good concert. That son of his is very talented (only 16 at the time - drums and piano). Dragged the wife along and she was surprised by how much she knew without realising and how much she enjoyed it.

I, the wife and another couple have tickets for the Birmingham concert on the 20th and we are looking forward to it immensely. Yes, Steve Hackett puts on a nice show (I have been to several) of old Genesis material, but they are concert performances with little staging - not a full monty arena show.

So there.
His son will do a great job bashing the skins.

saw this on the news this morning, a interview with, Phil and band, he looked very distressed, he can't stand up for long, and hold a drumstick, in his left hand, he has toured sitting down, shown on the news, sitting down and singing is very hard, sitting down and singing well, is almost imposable, also had some sort of gurning going on, if you saw the interview, you would think this man can not tour, he has 3 x-wife's i think, and all of them have had a very substantial settlement, and yearly pay-out, he has mentioned this himself many times, don't know if he's doing this because it's on his bucket list, or he needs the money, i wish him well but i will not be going,

^
oof-christian-bale.gif

advertisement

Back