advertisement

What will be playing in your own private hell?

Abba and Queen. That would finish me off.

You would, of course, already be finished off by then and experiencing eternal damnation!!

Btw: Queen would be a very close second for me.

I always associate ABBA with the Christian youth club gang in our sixth form who use to take off our Clash, Buzzcocks and Banshees records in 77/78 and put on Waterloo. They knew something ….

I was going to make the original post in the return of ABBA thread but get annoyed by thread crappers so…

All I can say is this : when I hear Madness from Muse on the radio, I either turn it down or off immediately, this is a painful torture for me !

Some of you have no soul. So undoubtedly will get your anti-wishes.

However, I’m amazed that the Birdie Song isn’t Bottom Of The Pops.

When I was a kid and would get dragged to all manner of naff 'dinner and dance' outings or weddings, the crap disco DJs would all play the same shite, the one that sticks in my mind was something like 'the superman song' utter garbage, now that would be mine. Abba and Queen go without saying obvs.

"Blippy" occasionally appears on my Spotify playlist. For those who know this dimension of hell, I salute you.

The Lady in Red - Chris de Burgh. My partners song form hell is Red Red Wine - UB40. Must be something about songs with red in the title.
Although we both like 99 Luftballons but has red in German so that may explain it :)

I have no idea what the genre is called, but it’s the one where some bloke declaims unintelligibly (interspersed with ‘uh’, ‘huh’ and sometimes ‘uh-huh’) over a thumping beat with the same single bloody musical motif looped over and over and over and over.... it puts me in mind of workers on a building site yelling over the sound of their pneumatic drills.

Then of course Christmas songs, but I’m sure that’s taken as read.

Oh, and Save Your Kisses For Me by the Brotherhood of Man. Especially the ‘even though you’re only three’ bit at the end.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back