advertisement

Show us your shed ...

miktec

retired
Inspired by some of the excellent entries in the recent 'Tools' photo competition, I thought a thread celebrating the heart of English* Tooldom, the humble shed, might be a good way to stave off the inevitable post-lockdown, post-summer hols, post-boredom boredom ....... etc.

It's not original, I did one ten years ago on a Mini forum and countless others had gone before and since - may indeed have been done on PFM but I couldn't find one in a search.

So here goes - my humble retreat, not looking its tidiest after a day's intensive fencing.....

shed mess
by mik tec, on Flickr

*Sheds located beyond England's borders are more than welcome but may be subject to random charges.

Last edited:
Since (I think) there was only one rather embarrassing picture of a shed in the photo comp, I couldn’t help thinking ‘does he mean me?’ so here it is again in all its glory...

51411312090_5044b37dc4_z.jpg

However, what lurks beneath the trapdoor is much, much, much, much more interesting.

50401135963_d828e1f5c4_z.jpg

Last edited:
Since (I think) there was only one rather embarrassing picture of a shed in the photo comp, I couldn’t help thinking ‘does he mean me?’

Of course, the allusion was there in plain sight ...

PS - 'Show us your well stocked wine cellar' has yet to materialise, but I'm sure someone will oblige ;)

Severely jealous of anyone with the space to form even the most basic of workshop, I'd love one.

Excellent thread. We’re hoping to move soon and I’m itching to build a shed/workshop - pretty much why we’re moving :D

Haven't got any inside pics to hand, but this is the shed complex I built a couple of years ago.... left to right... animal feed/workshop/gardening equipment/lawnmowers/wood store.

IMG-6309.jpg

PS Pat on the back to anyone who can see the error in the pic :D

Concrete pour a touch too narrow? Doors hit lawn when opening?

Is there a messiest shed competition? If so….

51418869681_17d0e522e3_b.jpg

….here’s my man shed, converted from extended workshop. I’m in the middle of making in built cupboards and redecorating spare room.

At the other end of man shed, and not much tidier, is where the more delicate man shed stuff happens

51419135573_ba8e8a2466_b.jpg

advertisement

Back