advertisement

Afghanistan withdrawal.

Getting out of Afghanistan - good
The way it was done - insane. Would be better to have stayed

Sending a drone to obliterate anyone with who knows how many innocent civilians blown to pieces as well
Great recruiting tool for terrorist groups

These wonderful pieces of technology can be used by terrorists as well
Seems to have escaped most people's attention
Don't even have to be that sophisticated

Getting out of Afghanistan - good
The way it was done - insane. Would be better to have stayed

Sending a drone to obliterate anyone with who knows how many innocent civilians blown to pieces as well
Great recruiting tool for terrorist groups

These wonderful pieces of technology can be used by terrorists as well
Seems to have escaped most people's attention
Don't even have to be that sophisticated

The drone fired a kinetic hellfire missile that has blades and no explosive warhead.
The explosion was the detonation of the munitions the target vehicle was carrying.

The drone fired a kinetic hellfire missile that has blades and no explosive warhead.
The explosion was the detonation of the munitions the target vehicle was carrying.

Not seen that.
US PR is doing badly not to have that as headlines

Fearful threat by Joe Biden.

"We will hunt you down to the ends of the earth..."

I presume he means to add "... so that we can give you lots of guns, tanks, helicopters, camo gear, etc."

5123e2e1-GettyImages-1234967942.jpg

Tanks I see no tanks.

The Americans will have crocked the helicptors for sure but I am surprised they didn’t blow them up in order to prevent the photo opportunity for the Taliban and for USA haters on social media to gloat.

Tanks I see no tanks.

The Americans will have crocked the helicptors for sure but I am surprised they didn’t blow them up in order to prevent the photo opportunity for the Taliban and for USA haters on social media to gloat.
The helicopters get crocked with a few hours of use without maintenance.
Tanks are death traps against an enemy with big drones

yes they showed the helicoptors had been wrecked before leaving , big holes in them and windows smashed . reminds me of the last scene of dunkirk when he burns the spitfire on the beach

The high value US military assets let behind could be recoverable given sufficient resources and knowledge. However, getting them flying again may well be beyond the Taliban who, hailing from the rural south west of the country, I like to think of as Afghan equivalent of the military wing of the Wurzells.

I expect any classified tech will have been removed and what’s left behind won’t be serviceable or repairable, or have any paperwork. Otherwise, I imagine the Taliban would find a ready market for the remains.

The high value US military assets let behind could be recoverable given sufficient resources and knowledge. However, getting them flying again may well be beyond the Taliban who, hailing from the rural south west of the country, I like to think of as Afghan equivalent of the military wing of the Wurzells.

The Taliban, not the West, won Afghanistan’s technological war
The US-led coalition had more firepower, more equipment, and more money. But it was the Taliban that gained most from technological progress.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/08/23/1032459/afghanistan-taliban-war-technological-progress/

If we lost to the military equivalent of the Wurzells what does that make us? Pinky and Perky?

The Taliban, not the West, won Afghanistan’s technological war
The US-led coalition had more firepower, more equipment, and more money. But it was the Taliban that gained most from technological progress.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/08/23/1032459/afghanistan-taliban-war-technological-progress/

If we lost to the military equivalent of the Wurzells what does that make us? Pinky and Perky?

Uh oh use of big font and bold alert.

I said they were like the military wing of the Wurzells not the equivalent of the actual Wurzells: that would be ridiculous although at least they would have a brand new combine harvester.

advertisement

Back