advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rake is very good, a bit daft but enjoyable. Kind of given up I on Bosch, it tries to be better than it is if that makes sense?

I thought characters developed strongly across the series, such as Bosch and Irving swapping places on the moral compass, and that this underpinned the series more than the storylines. Quite well done, imho, and I also liked some of the one-liners. I might try reading some of the books now.

I thought characters developed strongly across the series, such as Bosch and Irving swapping places on the moral compass, and that this underpinned the series more than the storylines. Quite well done, imho, and I also liked some of the one-liners. I might try reading some of the books now.
I found the books to be far better, a bit less cheesy. I’ve not managed to get beyond series one.

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but Dark Waters on Amazon Prime is well worth a watch.

One mans crusade against big Pharma. Considering reading his book now. Exposure.

Very depressing series. Excellent nonetheless.

I read the book some time in the early 1990’s and loved it. When the series came out I was interested to see how they adapted it for the screen. Absolutely hated it, and stopped watching probably by the second episode.

Unrelated - but we had the same with Breaking Bad, saw it when first shown and it did nowt for us - but we have soundtracks from 5 Breaking Bad series and love those.

Watching Dark on Netflix - I am intrigued and excited by it.
I agree. I finished it a year ago and I want to watch it again. After a while I was a bit lost and I had to cheat and found a family tree on the web (not the dark one).
Be careful there are spoilers you need to avoid.

Just finished Katla on Netflix an atmospheric Icelandic supernatural thriller and really enjoyed it. So delved deeper into Icelandic thrillers and watched the Valhalla murders which had me gripped ( think it was shown on BBC4) and now on Trapped. I’m hooked.

The Falklands Play on Prime excellent performance by Patricia Hodge as Margret Thatcher ( far better than the others done more recently ) Worth a watch for sure.

Really enjoying 'War of the Worlds' on Star via Disney+, and also loved 'Occupied' on Netflix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back