advertisement

What are you listening to right now #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
s-l400.jpg

On AccuRadio - Avant Garde Jazz.

1980's Dutch group Renée - Reaching for the sky and The future none can see CD res downloads from 7Digital. They took some finding but I'm happy with the result.

I have the original first vinyl pressing on "ALOI" Records. It may have been released earlier elsewhere but it was Linn's first audiophile release on "A Label Of Integrity" ....yeah.... later to be Linn Records...
It got quite a bit of attention in all the hi fi mags of course! IIRC '83 ish
It's erm.... pretty good but not super fantastic as far as sound quality goes I'd say.... IIRC they had Naim amps driving the cutter head etc .... all rather flat earth..
Musically... I thought it much better than the majority of reviews credited it to be. FWIW. Not bad at all in fact.

I have the original first vinyl pressing on "ALOI" Records. It may have been released earlier elsewhere but it was Linn's first audiophile release on "A Label Of Integrity" ....yeah.... later to be Linn Records...
It got quite a bit of attention in all the hi fi mags of course! IIRC '83 ish
It's erm.... pretty good but not super fantastic as far as sound quality goes I'd say.... IIRC they had Naim amps driving the cutter head etc .... all rather flat earth..
Musically... I thought it much better than the majority of reviews credited it to be. FWIW. Not bad at all in fact.
I also have the ALOI release on vinyl.
I think the download sound quality is a little better. Given the artwork, I'd think it was made from the original source rather than the Linn derivative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back