advertisement

Cricket 2021 - all things cricket for this year on pfm

I see Moeen has been drafted in. If he plays it'll be for Lawrence I guess but at least we get some spin.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement of Leech's capabilities. Lords often spins and I think Ali bowled SA out at the home of cricket in 2017. I suspect his advantage is with the bat and I loved to watch him bat in the early years but his confidence was gradually eroded by being constantly shifted around the order. Ashwin will play for India and, if the winter is anything to go by, could easily pull our cricketing pants down and slap our bare behinds.

Lloyd often makes the point on Sky that a batsman needs a good defence against the red ball in test cricket. Ali and Bairstow are very talented but have often misapplied themselves against quality opposition.

Broad is an embarrassment with the bat these days and I would drop him on his attitude alone as his body language is awful at the crease. If you are scared of being hit by the ball, then maybe cricket is not for you. Compare and contrast with Curran's clenched and stretching every sinew demeanour.

Root won the toss and chose to bowl. No controversy this time. Anderson fit. Three changes all as leaked this week.

Sometimes you can be sceptical about England’s performance. Today I think is a day you acknowledge quality batting for what it was.

(Now awaits comments dissing England bowling/fielding etc:D)

Sometimes you can be sceptical about England’s performance. Today I think is a day you acknowledge quality batting for what it was.

(Now awaits comments dissing England bowling/fielding etc:D)

Indeed - the Indian openers showing that they are built on the foundations of solid technique - unlike ours. I did think Curran was relatively expensive after the great efforts of the opening pair since you ask :D

No problem we only need a Root innings of 300+ to have a chance of winning ,unfortunately India look far too good

Hameed would still be playing for England had he not injured his hand when he 1st played at test level.

I hope he regains his form and fortitude at test level. He'll only need a 50 in the 1st innings and then will get move up to his correct opening slot.

Bowling has been more solid today (Curran still can't seem to find any swing) but India have been throwing away all the hard work...

Off to Lords for the first time today. Thanks Joe for a class act. You've set things up for a great days entertainment.

Hoping we make some early breakthroughs, good days play yesterday & I would give Bairstow a proper run in the side now.

advertisement

Back