advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blood Red Sky - Netflix - Citizen Kane it isn't, but if for two hours you want to wander off into a weird world of vampires on a plane then this is the movie for you. Is it nonsense? Yes of course, but it's also rather entertaining! :D

Rewatching S1 of Altered Carbon on Netflix. Picking up so much more second time around. Maybe the best thing Ive watched for 10 years. A must-see if you haven’t yet.

I found a 1999 Hollywood movie by that name with very dodgy reviews and an Indian/Malaysian 2019 flick. I guess it’s the latter(?)

The Boy on Netflix, there's a couple with the same title, it's the one about a kid living on a run down motel.....dark.

Just finished all 8 episodes of Farming with Jeremy Clarkson on Amazon, obviously it plays on his flaws a lot but we came to appreciate the life and patterns of contemporary farming.

Stuck in bed with a slipped disc flare up for most of this weekend. Dunno if it's the codeine, but have REALLY been digging 'Transparent' on Prime.

Blood Red Sky on Netflix, don’t bother……..lasted an hr but really should’ve turned it off after 30mins. The one redeeming feature is the soundtrack by Dascha Dauenhauer, dark and menacing and on Tidal

Blood Red Sky on Netflix, don’t bother……..lasted an hr but really should’ve turned it off after 30mins. The one redeeming feature is the soundtrack by Dascha Dauenhauer, dark and menacing and on Tidal
I gave up after 1hr 10mins, realising there was still an hour to go. It might have been ok - just - with a running time of 75mins or so, but not the length it is.

Mick

Watched nothing but Bosch (following posts about his system on here and never having watched it) or The Hundred (Cricket) for the last 3 weeks. Just started season 5 of Bosch, it's not up there with the very best but it does draw you in and it's a very enjoyable way to pass the time.

Cheers BB

Kärlek och anarki - Love & Anarchy on Netflix
A Swedish Comedy- we binged it in two nights and thoroughly enjoyed it ( in Swedish - always avoid dubbed versions)

A bit miffed as it started very well, just can’t bring myself to watch any more episodes (watched 4 I think) of Justified, last one I watched was naff so I’ve packed it in.

Need something similar, will start looking.

(Just watched ‘Time’, Sean Bean/Stephen Graham, very good).

I enjoyed watching Bosch over the last few weeks, having seen it mentioned here. I've just starting watching Rake (the Australian series with Richard Roxburgh), on Netflix, and am also enjoying that. We're usually several years behind on films and TV series, but it's quite interesting to see some of the themes appear on both Bosch and Rake, as they try to make reference to contemporary events, on which there may be a slightly different perspective now.

I enjoyed watching Bosch over the last few weeks, having seen it mentioned here. I've just starting watching Rake (the Australian series with Richard Roxburgh), on Netflix, and am also enjoying that. We're usually several years behind on films and TV series, but it's quite interesting to see some of the themes appear on both Bosch and Rake, as they try to make reference to contemporary events, on which there may be a slightly different perspective now.
Rake is very good, a bit daft but enjoyable. Kind of given up on Bosch, it tries to be better than it is if that makes sense?

I don't watch TV, but I finally got round to watching Alex Winter's Zappa doc on Prime last night (the first thing I've watched for about a year). Really good, although I wish he hadn't done the obvious thing and used Watermelon in Easter Hay over the closing credits. Frank would have hated the sentimentality of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back