advertisement

Cricket 2021 - all things cricket for this year on pfm

I think it works quite well and the first matches had some top England players in them and a good number of good overseas ones as well . Also nice to have a bit more free to air cricket available

Stokes will be missed against India no doubt. I hope he recovers well and is raring to go in the winter Ashes.

I noticed the news have mentioned the bio bubbles and time away from family as contributing factors to the England players hesitance in volunteering for the down under tour which IMHO is disappointing and puts us on the back foot against the Aussies before a ball is bowled. I can hear Langer already - winging Pomms.

Easy to say but the bio bubbles must be an absolute nightmare. Australia will be delighted if England have to field a weakened team. Why don’t England just call it off? Australia have decided against competing in the Rugby World Cup so why should we put our players through this?

Anyone been watching The 100 been quite entertaning at times as things have to move quickly , also 10 balls in a row is an interesting edition

The other interesting innovation is over rate penalties.

"All sides are expected to be in position to bowl the first ball of the last of their final over by the scheduled or rescheduled cessation time for the innings. In the event of them failing to do so, one fewer fielder shall be permitted outside the fielding restriction area in 28.1.3 than would normally be the case for the remaining deliveries. All penalties in this regard will be imposed immediately the ball first becomes dead after the scheduled or re-scheduled cessation time for the innings"

I'd like to see something similar introduced into T20, and possibly other limited over formats.

Yes quite a good rule as it keeps the game moving without faffing about with minor field placings to stall momentum

So Root wins the toss, bats and leaves out the spinner, Leach, much to everyone's surprise. Time will tell...

It does feel odd to be just starting the first test with the football season kicking off this weekend.

I am disappointed we haven't chosen Hameed to play as Sibley is so difficult to watch.

Really good team India so looking forward to this, let's hope the pitch provides a good balance between bat and ball.

can't quite believe Barstow being given another chance at test cricket as his white ball exploits have ruined his defence

sam curran's hair wtf

A shambles - only positives were Root looked in good nic and Bairstow applied himself well having made some adaptations for the red ball game.

An inevitable consequence of ICC and ECB strategy for the game. I knew they would not stop at one day cricket years ago, matching reduced attention spans and commercial priorities. Such a shame. When played properly and prepared for, it's still by far the most absorbing format.

Test cricket in England is a commercial success with full stadiums and Sky money but we are a one off. Crowds are falling in most of the other countries who play internationally I am afraid, even in India and Australia.

Good two days at Trent Bridge for me, as usual. Highlight was Kohli’s 1st ball duck v Anderson.

Root, Curran and, to a lesser extent Bairstow looked like the could apply themselves. Hameed in for Sibley seems inevitable.

Good two days at Trent Bridge for me, as usual. Highlight was Kohli’s 1st ball duck v Anderson.

Root, Curran and, to a lesser extent Bairstow looked like the could apply themselves. Hameed in for Sibley seems inevitable.
Yes seems inevitable. He has been found out at this level as his method was to leave the ball on the Offside and score of his legs but now he has started getting out lbw and caught at mid-on, I am sure he is done for now but he is young and could go away and practice in County cricket and return in the future.

Glad you had a nice time Andrew.

Although I have a fondness for Nottingham and it’s good folks, I didnt particularly enjoy my last visit as I picked up a ticket for driving in a bus lane and we got humped by SA although it was great to see Phillander bat and bowl.

As Jimmy Anderson becomes the third highest test wicket taker of all time. Would have been a bit earlier if not for the appalling fielding.

advertisement

Back