advertisement

Muso owners opinions.

Sloop John B

And any old music will do…
I’m being kicked out of my main room by returning family members, it will be about 6 weeks all told and likely to be a regular enough occurrence. This is all good but me losing my main system isn’t.

I have a Bluesound sound bar under the TV but that really doesn’t give anywhere near the experience of my main kit. I’m hoping the muso 2 will at least give me a chimera of what I’m used to?

I’d use it separate to the bluesound just for audio.

wondering what owners think?

thanks

.sjb

It’s the best all in one box system I’ve heard. For music, way better than Sonos or Bluesound speakers &/or bars.
Obviously it’s never going to give stereo separation imaging like a regular system will.
But it does a respectable job of filling a room with music with reasonable levels of punch, detail, & enjoyment.
As I don’t know what your main kit is, it’s tricky to say whether it will give you enough.

I'll soon be selling a Muso 1 on behalf of my sister.

If anyone here is interested please drop me a PM.

It’s the best all in one box system I’ve heard. For music, way better than Sonos or Bluesound speakers &/or bars.
Obviously it’s never going to give stereo separation imaging like a regular system will.
But it does a respectable job of filling a room with music with reasonable levels of punch, detail, & enjoyment.
As I don’t know what your main kit is, it’s tricky to say whether it will give you enough.

I have a 552/300 / SL2 but I’m in no way expecting it to match it. The Bluesound is grand as a sound bar but it so like listening to a radio in the corner with all the sound clearly coming from it.

.sjb

I bought a used Muso 1 for around $600. At that price I’m fairly happy with it. At retail price, not a chance. It’s a nice lifestyle piece but it’s not comparable to the most basic of 2 channel setups, imo

Last edited:
I’m hoping to audition one at the weekend at the (only) HiFi dealer here in Madeira. I have an awkward slot to fill under a tv in a corner opposite an open staircase in a long living/dining/kitchen room. I could only get some small speakers about 1.5m apart on top of a tv unit as an alternative, but I don’t think my wife is keen on the more messy appearance of separates. Having said that, I guess I could squeeze in a Bluesound power ode and a pair of small bookshelf speakers and just risk her wrath.

Two Sonos One’s set up as a stereo pair are very listenable. I imagine Bluesound have a similar option if you don’t like Sonos.

I have a QB and it’s very good, but it’s obviously a single unit so no sense of stereo. Given the choice again, I would be tempted to look to a pair of Sonos 1’s with a sub or a Sonos amp with small bookshelf speakers.

I will come in on this one.

I have a TV in my Spanish Villa which had good vision but rubbish sound. Soundbars are ok but they are not the best thing going. Therefore Mrs Mick and I auditioned three separate Musos in three separate shops and said no way. The sound is just what you would expect from a one piece system but at the end of the day it is most certainly second rate. It is definitely down in the bottom as far as Naim products are concerned. I find it difficult to think that JV would have endorsed this product.

We ended up buying a pair of KEF LSX wireless speakers which sound far more natural in every respect.

This is the only Naim product that I can think of that is unworthy of the name.

Loads of options out there. I would be tempted to run two Sonos ones as a stereo pair. You can stream to them, listen to the radio etc. When you get the main system back they will be very easy to either sell or redeploy elsewhere.

Other option would be to run a pair of active speakers via a suitable Dac/streamer.

If this is a relatively temporary thing it is best not to overthink it; Sonos are popular for a reason.

Although I like the Muso, to be fair, if it’s only 6 weeks a pair of Sonos ones makes good sense unless you want to stick to the Naim brand.
As you already have Bluesound, maybe just add a pulse or pulse mini to the system.
When you’ve got your main system back again, would you be able to utilise the temporary speakers elsewhere & if so does that have an influence on what you buy? Or will you be just selling the temporary unit on?

Two Sonos One’s set up as a stereo pair are very listenable. I imagine Bluesound have a similar option if you don’t like Sonos.

It’s funny how one can miss the blooming obvious.
Bluesound pulse flex in kitchen and youngest daughter’s bedroom which with a bit of bartering have been repurposed as a stereo pair in the front room and “sounding good” enough thankfully.

.sjb

advertisement

Back