advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hifinutt

hifinutt
Following on from our lockdown thread thought i would start this thread . quite a few forums have these threads and they are quite popular . No doubt BT will be along soon to add to the blog

today been having electrical remedial work as 2 properties failed ehe 5 yearly electrical check . [ loose wires and wrong power of shower ] Also fixing a fence which was a pain in the neck !!!

Today I have been looking at small desks to equip a home office in our box room. This after over a year of home working already, and likely blended working once the office reopens fully in any event. So I should have sorted this months ago, but we all thought this was temporary, didn’t we? The room needs to also house a single bed, for a visiting niece now and then, so desk needs to be functional but not too big, and fit in with a bedroom aesthetic, at least a little bit. Chop Shop in Sheffield looks a candidate.

Also had a visit from council pest control. We’ve seen a rat in the back garden. Neighbour has a pile of junk under a tarp, slowly collapsing through the boundary fence. We suspect this may present nesting opportunities. Mrs P-T is phobic about rodents, so this absolutely won’t do.

appointing a new member of staff - virtual leaving do this afternoon - reading a PhD thesis which unusually has a patent attached to it - might go down the pub later

Today I have been looking at small desks to equip a home office in our box room. This after over a year of home working already, and likely blended working once the office reopens fully in any event. So I should have sorted this months ago, but we all thought this was temporary, didn’t we? The room needs to also house a single bed, for a visiting niece now and then, so desk needs to be functional but not too big, and fit in with a bedroom aesthetic, at least a little bit. Chop Shop in Sheffield looks a candidate.

Also had a visit from council pest control. We’ve seen a rat in the back garden. Neighbour has a pile of junk under a tarp, slowly collapsing through the boundary fence. We suspect this may present nesting opportunities. Mrs P-T is phobic about rodents, so this absolutely won’t do.

If your looking for something really cheap and that can perhaps be popped under the bed the Paperhive cardboard one is good. I have had one for over a year and each night it gets tucked behind the flat screen tv.

https://thepaperhive.co.uk/products/pop-up-desk-adult-large

I don't bother with the middle support as its more than strong enough without. They can also be emulsioned if you don't like the raw cardboard.

Tidying up, some gardening and pondering how to fix the bed my son has broken…
Jumping on it before someone with a dirty mind suggests differently.

Rather weary bike ride earlier & into to 2nd week of fortnight holiday. My aim is to drink far less this week & re-charge the batteries.

Currently listening to some music, rather decent day so far.

Following on from our lockdown thread thought i would start this thread . quite a few forums have these threads and they are quite popular . No doubt BT will be along soon to add to the blog

today been having electrical remedial work as 2 properties failed ehe 5 yearly electrical check . [ loose wires and wrong power of shower ] Also fixing a fence which was a pain in the neck !!!

:)

Well done hifinutt.
As I am still sort of ‘lockdown’ (like Tony L. it sounds like) - self-inflicted avoidance of people, then I was happy to use the Lockdown thread.
I like the Fast Show reference.

Working, now thinking about a walk with SWMBO.

@Sue Pertwee-Tyr have a look in Ikea, I got a nice slim desk and chair this time last year when it became apparent that home working was going to last or be permanent.

Today I checked the hives at four of my apiaries. All are doing well, though one was very ill tempered. A bee fro that one managed to find its way into my bee buddy's hood. Always an exciting event, though he managed to get it out without getting stung. Another stung my leg, though I didn't realise till I sat down in the car and as my trousers tightened on my thigh the sting was pushed further in.
I took 250 jars of honey last month and anticipate a further hundred later this month.

Busy day, so I wrote a list of stuff that I really should be doing.

Went to the swimming pool (little kids /learner pool as it is 30°C.)

The ‘disabled swim’ session has been reduced to one hour a week.

Then the member of staff/lifeguard wasn’t aware that the session I was attending was supposed to be reserved for folk with disabilities, therefore was letting anyone use the pool…
I have little control over what comes out of my mouth, so I soon made a huge spectacle of myself. At least the tanned young couple who were just about to get in the pool turned around and went to the big pool.
It should be the staff controlling pool access, not the patrons. Grrrr.

The woman who was in the pool with a very disabled young man gave me a grateful glance.
Then I had to remind the staff of the rules another two times, plus a spectator on a balcony had their mobile phone out, pointing vaguely at the pool. So they got an earful as well, via a member of staff who actually was aware of the rules.

Saw a dead fox just up the hill from our house, such a beautiful colour, must have been bashed by a car. Just looked asleep. Glad The Daughter is away at the moment, she would be very upset to see a dead fox. I did think about putting it in a bag and taking it to a friends house, his daughter (who is about 16 yrs. old) has been practicing Taxidermy for years now. She is very professional and produces work that sits displayed under a glass bell jar. Amazing work, not our thing but she is fixated on the hobby. Next time I went past were the fox was, it had gone. Heigh ho.

Pork cassoulet today, with a breadcrumb topping. Hearty food.
Decided from this day henceforth that Napkins will be referred to as ‘Snapkins.’ This is directly related to the local miners term for food, ‘Snap.’ I think the term comes from the food tins that they took underground, that would snap shut, hence Snap became a term for food.
It was the term I used when growing up, I still use it occasionally to annoy The Wife who is posh and from The South (think Sunningdale in the 1970’s)

The new medication for ballsache is not that effective, and I ache anyhoo from pool physiotherapy. I think I need an analgesic top-up. And some tea.
I have put Bowie ‘Station To Station’ on the record player to give me something to focus on. Tea.

On first reading the thread title;
"Today I have mainly been v1"
my subconscious inserted an extra "a" and lead to me momentarily muse, "Why are you being a Doodlebug?", worse still picturing a grown man scuttling around his lounge, arms spread wide, mumbling "Doodle, doodle, doodle, doodle". After that rather worrying but thankfully only fleeting folly of imagination, my mind managed to rejoin this world and gleen the intended meaning. :oops:

Apart from that, producing clear and logical spreadsheets from the apalling, disfunctional mess I was handed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back