advertisement

Lions Tour 2021

Dozey

Air guitar member
Team has been announced for the first game on Ssturday. As a Scot I am delighted that Hogg is captain and Ali Price and Finn Russell are starting. The Finn- Farrell combination will be interesting.

Last edited:
Yes, great 2nd half. South Africa just came out with more of the same and replacements/finishers did not add anything. Lions changed tactics, upped the pace and played a great second half.

Great start, the next meeting should be a corker!
(Pity there’s no crowd, I’m sure it would make the games even better if there was one.
Wish Will Greenwood would tone it down a bit, far too loud)

For future reference, Owen Farrell's kick did not win anything. The Lions were already 2 points ahead. I despair of English journalism sometimes.

Decent win but hardly convincing. Itoje played very well though. Second test will be much harder.

Well played South Africa, Lions outplayed today.
Next week, a bit more physicality upfront and change at least two of the back three for players who are competent under a high ball - Liam Williams, Josh Adams. Yes, I am Welsh.

Hmm, looked pretty rough today.
Enjoyed the game but would help a lot if someone, anyone, could catch the ball cleanly. Hogg managed a couple of times. But the boks saw the weakness and quickly exploited it.
Should be a great game next week. Hope de Klerk is OK for it.

Well played South Africa, Lions outplayed today.
Next week, a bit more physicality upfront and change at least two of the back three for players who are competent under a high ball - Liam Williams, Josh Adams. Yes, I am Welsh.

I agree at the back and I'm not Welsh. :)

Well played the 'boks, muscular performance but I must say it was a pity to see the Lions dragged into trying to match them. It was also an error strewn performance quite unlike last week and a perfect illustration of what happens if you can't keep your basics functioning. Real problems under the high ball and that must be addressed. Hogg was woeful.

But Gatland also needs to overcome his Farrell phobia. I'm English and can't say Farrell's persona does much for me, but his ability to get the game played more in the opposition half would be helpful to ease some of the pressure. The Murray selection mystified me and so it proved, he's well off his former sharpness and very predictable.

The scrum was a real worry yesterday and I wondered how much of that was the failure of AW-J to make his usual impact. He had that injury which was a threat to his tour and then a big energy sapping peformance in the first Test, but yesterday looked like he was struggling a bit - I hope I'm wrong.

There may have been some great entertainment in that second game but none for me I’m afraid… just saying’.

I agree at the back and I'm not Welsh. :)

Well played the 'boks, muscular performance but I must say it was a pity to see the Lions dragged into trying to match them. It was also an error strewn performance quite unlike last week and a perfect illustration of what happens if you can't keep your basics functioning. Real problems under the high ball and that must be addressed. Hogg was woeful.

But Gatland also needs to overcome his Farrell phobia. I'm English and can't say Farrell's persona does much for me, but his ability to get the game played more in the opposition half would be helpful to ease some of the pressure. The Murray selection mystified me and so it proved, he's well off his former sharpness and very predictable.

The scrum was a real worry yesterday and I wondered how much of that was the failure of AW-J to make his usual impact. He had that injury which was a threat to his tour and then a big energy sapping peformance in the first Test, but yesterday looked like he was struggling a bit - I hope I'm wrong.

Agree + the needless penalties.

advertisement

Back