advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah I hadn't realised they were also a problem there. Touch wood I've never even seen a tick, let along been bitten by one, but it's always a worry in the back of my mind when heading out with the camera....

Hopefully you managed to remove the little blighters without any problems?

Lefty
These were really tiny, the size of a pinhead, and quite difficult to get out with a tick twister tool, but once removed and put down on a sheet of paper, they slowly crawled about.
I mind the itching more, it lasts two or three days even with after-bite applied.
Had three this year now.

Owing to all the fell-walking done over the years I've had the misfortune to have had a few tick bites, the last time was up in Northumberland when we'd been walking the coast around Lindisfarne/Bamburgh etc. Didn't even notice until I was in the shower the following morning, when one had locked itself onto the back of my calf muscle. We always carry the dog's tick removal tool which is very effective, so did this one myself.

I'd been wearing wellies and jeans the day before so the little b*ggers will find a way to bite you if they can!! :D

These were really tiny, the size of a pinhead, and quite difficult to get out with a tick twister tool, but once removed and put down on a sheet of paper, they slowly crawled about.
I mind the itching more, it lasts two or three days even with after-bite applied.
Had three this year now.

Yikes! Thanks for the info chaps. Got me a little worried to be honest.

I'm off to The Lakes for 3 nights in mid-August with my son and hope we don't pick up any. (I've never been in summer before). I'll be taking him up Catbells (I think he's ready now), but the rest of the time we will probably spend ground level at lakeside :)

Lefty

Yikes! Thanks for the info chaps. Got me a little worried to be honest.

I'm off to The Lakes for 3 nights in mid-August with my son and hope we don't pick up any. (I've never been in summer before). I'll be taking him up Catbells (I think he's ready now), but the rest of the time we will probably spend ground level at lakeside :)

Lefty

I'm sure you'll be fine - last time I had one was after walking through long grass, on the edge of a field of sheep, which was up to my waist.

Catbells - can't think of anywhere better for the wee lad's first fell. :)

When my partner was a teenager she lived with a French family for a while on a school exchange and stayed in touch with them over the years. They are a warm and welcoming family and when I met them they took me into the family too. Sadly Louis, the father of the family, died (bloody Covid) a couple of weeks ago which sent me back to look for photos. I think this captures the man

IMG_1068_v1 by Tim, on Flickr

A couple more of one of Louis' granddaughters with one of his great-granddaughters

IMG_1003_v1 by Tim, on Flickr

IMG_1005_v1 by Tim, on Flickr

Taken on EOS5DmkII, 24-105. I should take more portraits.

When my partner was a teenager she lived with a French family for a while on a school exchange and stayed in touch with them over the years. They are a warm and welcoming family and when I met them they took me into the family too. Sadly Louis, the father of the family, died (bloody Covid) a couple of weeks ago which sent me back to look for photos. I think this captures the man

IMG_1068_v1 by Tim, on Flickr

A couple more of one of Louis' granddaughters with one of his great-granddaughters

IMG_1003_v1 by Tim, on Flickr

IMG_1005_v1 by Tim, on Flickr

Taken on EOS5DmkII, 24-105. I should take more portraits.

Really sorry to hear that. Beautiful photographs.

Lefty

I'm sure you'll be fine - last time I had one was after walking through long grass, on the edge of a field of sheep, which was up to my waist.

Catbells - can't think of anywhere better for the wee lad's first fell. :)

That's reassuring. We will definitely be careful so fingers crossed.

Aye, he's really looking forward to it, as am I :)

Lefty

FA311072-A9-DB-44-F3-8-DCB-FDA0-D647-B9-A7.jpg

Oh what a wonderful, precious image.

Thank you Richard :) I've tried not to force my love of photography on him, so it was a lovely surprise when he asked to come along.

In fact, he seems to be taking an increasing interest in all things outdoors, having now got his first wild camp under his belt, and he usually outpaces me on the way up our local hill (hence the feeling he is ready for his first fell).

Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back