advertisement

A thread for forthcoming vinyl releases...

I just sprang for the dee-luxe version of the Numero Group's set of 5 Pastor T.L. Barrett LPs. If you haven't heard "Like a Ship", I highly recommend checking it out!

atom-1624293543.png

Just ordered that myself. Interesting concept - it's only available for 99 days (all formats, including streaming) then it's gone for good.
Ordered mine at 7:50 this morning when I saw it had been released on streaming. Hopefully I won't have to wait until October but we will see.

Looking forward to Darkside's sophomore effort, Spiral released later in July. Just scored the Vinyl Me Please version of the first album, Psychic and love it.

Just been spinning this. A bit odd, a concert in Nashville played to lots of cardboard cut-outs, but the recording quality is superb

ryman-vinyl-media.jpg

Is it 45rpm?
I would hazard a guess and say no, as there are only 3 lp’s. if it would have been 45rpm I would have expected it to have been a minimum of 12 sides, if that makes sense.
Found some great sites in America whilst looking for 45rpm albums though, didn’t realise Pink Floyd had released their knebworth 1990 set as 45rpm, 7 tracks on 4 sides for less than $50.

How many cool recommendations! And I still listen to old records that I got from my parents. Of course, 40-50 years ago they knew how to make cool music!

95628a1630d7511ee965cc86c6eb7c71d8eb30f3.png

This caught my attention today. All my early Spiritualized vinyl is very worn at this stage so I'm very pleased about this news. Hopefully the pressings will match the quality of the recent Vinyl Me Please re-issue of Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space.

Ladies and Gentlemen is available as of today for pre order

Ladies and Gentlemen is available as of today for pre order
I have the original pressing and I bought the Vinyl Me Please reissue of LAGWAFIS last year so I'll probably give this a miss. The other reissues this year have been pretty variable in quality, particularly in terms of Pure Phase which is horrible on the Glow In The Dark vinyl and not too clever on the black vinyl. We are not too impressed with quality control at Fat Possum in my house.

2 new Steely Dan live releases coming in October

North East Corridor - The Steely Dan Band live - post Becker - track listing on Amazon but a pretty good best of.

Donald Fagen’s “The Nightfly Live” - performed by the Steely Dan Band (including Fagen) in 2019. This is the same track listing as the studio version. As the studio version is one of the best performed and produced albums of all time (imho) this may be a curate’s egg…

2 new Steely Dan live releases coming in October

North East Corridor - The Steely Dan Band live - post Becker - track listing on Amazon but a pretty good best of.

Donald Fagen’s “The Nightfly Live” - performed by the Steely Dan Band (including Fagen) in 2019. This is the same track listing as the studio version. As the studio version is one of the best performed and produced albums of all time (imho) this may be a curate’s egg…
Available to order pre release here for £16.70
https://www.rarewaves.com/products/0602435944494-the-nightfly-live?_pos=2&_sid=c61a88b1d&_ss=r

advertisement

Back