advertisement

High quality standmounts up to £4k

Ptah

pfm Member
Due to potential future moving about/lifting etc issues, I'll be looking at some point to shift my lovely 19 year old floorstanders and migrate to standmounts. Any suggestions based on personal experience?

Criteria
- price as stated but anything over £2k.
- weight no more than 14kg each.
- modern in design rather than redone oldies (e.g. Rogers)
- neutral and detailed
- supersmooth finish (to please other half who doesn't want to part with the floorstanders)!
- driveable by 80-100w amp.
- reliable

Sonus Faber Olympica I or Olympica Nova with matching stands or possibly other older SF models, they tick all your boxes.
And they hold their value if not to your taste.

Last edited:
I moved from floor standing Monitor Audio 20SE to Dynaudio Special 40. More detail, just as good a soundstage, an enjoyable listen. The current version retails around 2,700, you can pick the earlier model on eBay for below 2k. The only difference is cosmetic, the earlier ones came in red or grey glossy finish.

Perhaps these lovelies? https://premiumsound.co.uk/product/...ers/revel-performa-m126be-bookshelf-speakers/

Revel-Performa-M126Be-silver.jpg

Had dozens of mid to high end standmounts down the years including the Neat Ultimatum XLS which didn’t float my boat. They are also bloody huge and ugly.

How about the Totem Embers in the classifieds.
https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/totem-element-ember-speakers-in-black.257735/

If it has to be brand new then Dynaudio Special 40 or Contour 20i in gloss finish.

I now use Penaudio Cenya in gloss black and have had them for well over two years which is unheard of for me. Only thing I’d change them for is a pair of the Signature version.
You will have to search abroard for a pair, which Brexit has made a nightmare, but you won’t regret it.

Another vote for ProAc D2s. Just such an all-rounder, and as you say neutral and detailed. Natural tone and body. Alive with info but easy on the ear. Fab.

They did need space around them though.

Stands made a big difference too. Filled Atacama HMS worked a treat.

advertisement

Back