advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be wrong, but I don't think that there's been any government advice to wear a mask in a supermarket unless it's crowded.

The government advice is bullshit, which is kind of my point. It appears in Henley etc people have the education etc to filter it and act safely/responsibly, yet here they seem to buy it outright as being legitimate. I’m pleased museums and some other areas get that and are acting in the best interest of their staff.

The poor are choosing the Darwin Award

It was most odd. The same store (Tesco) about 8 miles apart and it could have been a million miles away. The food costs the same so it can’t be anything to do with money. Have you seen how much houses cost in Reading?!

I bet most people who go to Waitrose in Reading wear masks.
It is the same where I am, while we have to wear masks by law, you see much more care about correct use of them and personal space in the upmarket shops.
At the vaccination centres you can easily see that the early registrants were largely the better educated and wealthier.

I bet most people who go to Waitrose in Reading wear masks.
It is the same where I am, while we have to wear masks by law, you see much more care about correct use of them and personal space in the upmarket shops.
At the vaccination centres you can easily see that the early registrants were largely the better educated and wealthier.

This has been the case throughout. It infuriates me as our elitist class-warrior Bullingdon Club government clearly understands this difference in behaviour as it is well documented and chooses (it is unquestionably a choice) not to protect people. To my eyes there is a duty of care that is entirely absent here. Wealth, social class and education should not be the key driver in surviving this, yet by blanket relaxing rules the Tories have ensured it is.

That's a very good point - the ONS figures don't show the same decline in cases in Scotland. My inclination is to trust the ONS figures as they're not dependant on people volunteering to get tested.

I wonder if the official figures for Scotland are reflecting a trend for people to not get tested when they're pinged or have symptoms. Maybe because they can't afford to miss work?

Hmm.

About 50,000 people stopped using Scotland's Covid tracking app in July, the Scottish government has confirmed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-57941343

Ditto in Sainsbury's this morning. Many empty shelves though.

Byline Times and others are reporting that the empty shelves are a consequence of Brexit, not the so called ‘pingdemic’ smokescreen. If this media deflection is true then it makes people turning off their phone tracking even more heartbreaking to see. The power of a corrupt lying government and a complicit press is just terrifying.

I’d look at the case positivity rate- to be clear, the share of tests coming back positive - rather than the absolute number of positive results. I do that in conjunction with the number hospitalisations and deaths and finally the R number- all are falling in Scotland.

One thing I’ve learned is that you cannot be complacent about infection rates with this thing. There’s an inevitable fourth wave coming and I want my government to put in place public health restrictions to mitigate it.

I trust those more than relying on “the personal judgement of the individual” to keep themselves (and me) safe and I’m rather cynical about self serving PR stunts with names like “Freedom Day” and “Irreversible”.

I got pinged by the app today - four days self-isolating :(

Tried booking a walk-in PCR test online. Local testing centre showed loads of slots this evening. Clicked confirm and got a message saying there was a technical problem - try again. Did that a few times with the same result. Tried another browser etc. Gave up and called 119 and the bloke sighed a bit and said, yeah there's a bug on the website where if you try and book an evening slot it shows loads of slots then gives an error message. Suggested I try for the morning and sure enough it booked straight away. 119 bloke reckoned the website had been doing this for a couple of months now. Said they get loads of calls early evening every day with people saying the same thing.

I got pinged by the app today - four days self-isolating :(

Tried booking a walk-in PCR test online. Local testing centre showed loads of slots this evening. Clicked confirm and got a message saying there was a technical problem - try again. Did that a few times with the same result. Tried another browser etc. Gave up and called 119 and the bloke sighed a bit and said, yeah there's a bug on the website where if you try and book an evening slot it shows loads of slots then gives an error message. Suggested I try for the morning and sure enough it booked straight away. 119 bloke reckoned the website had been doing this for a couple of months now. Said they loads of calls early evening every day with people saying the same thing.

It'll only cost £37B to fix -apparently.

Popped into a petrol station today. Not one person wearing a mask. I waited outside , wearing mine, until the shop/till area emptied. The same people were last week wearing them. Do they know why, or was just that were told to?

You can view this as the elite seeing the opportunity to cull the masses, who were unlikely to vote for them as well.
The snag in the UK will be the costs of long COVID. Maybe they will find a way to make access state benefits for these cases complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back