advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...vid-to-prepare-for-winter-sage-adviser-claims

My theory is they want to accelerate COVID transmission to get it out the way well before the next election. Money and politics over public welfare.
I take back what I said about this government being incoherent- the opposite is true. It’s Herd 2.0 -driving the unvaccinated into superspreader events.

“What we are seeing is a decision by the government to get as many people infected as possible, as quickly as possible, while using rhetoric about caution as a way of putting the blame on the public for the consequences,” said Prof Robert West, a health psychologist at University College London who participates in Sage’s behavioural science subgroup.

“It looks like the government judges that the damage to health and healthcare services will be worth the political capital it will gain from this approach,” West said, adding that ministers appear to believe the strategy is now sustainable – unlike last year – because of the vaccine rollout”.

Just popped quickly to Asda (fresh shave, FFP2 mask, DIY industrial-strength sanitiser, obvs) and I think it is safe to conclude any sense of mask wearing or social distancing is now over in this delta variant hot-spot in one of the worst effected areas of the north west. I’d say 2/10 at most were wearing masks, and that includes staff. No obvious differences in ages/demographics either, it looks to be across the board and certainly including a lot of people too young to have been double-jabbed. The Tories have the ‘herd immunity’ experiment their anti-science fringe-nutters desired from the off.

As many business owners have pointed out across the various news channels today the idea that ‘opening up’ is helping the economy is just utter bollocks. The virus transmission is now so totally out of control huge numbers are in self-isolation, and as a result whole departments and structures are failing. It is yet another example of this dangerously incompetent, corrupt and totally off-the-rails government reacting on the back foot after the fact to data it can’t even be arsed reading let alone finding someone who understands it or is capable of acting upon it. They are a bloody clown school, but without the aptitude, discipline, knowledge or training facilities that implies.

PS I’m pretty certain our RM post route has been out for several days now, I’m certainly expecting a fair amount of stuff that hasn’t arrived and I haven’t seen the post lady go past at her normal time.

So the strategy is to let enough people to get the Johnson Variant before winter so that we have >85% immunity? Lord save us, all.

Just popped quickly to Asda (fresh shave, FFP2 mask, DIY industrial-strength sanitiser, obvs) and I think it is safe to conclude any sense of mask wearing or social distancing is now over in this delta variant hot-spot in one of the worst effected areas of the north west. I’d say 2/10 at most were wearing masks, and that includes staff. No obvious differences in ages/demographics either, it looks to be across the board and certainly including a lot of people too young to have been double-jabbed. The Tories have the ‘herd immunity’ experiment their anti-science fringe-nutters desired from the off.

Shoulda worn Lynx. Everyone would stay away from you. The virus too :rolleyes:

popped to Waitrose for some grub. Mask wearing for most, and people behaving cautiously wrt distancing

Pretty much my experience everywhere, to be honest it was already going that way long before "freedom day".

Surprisingly my experience includes a lot of old people that don't look in the best of health, I go to a lot of places that oldies volunteer to run like church halls, village centres etc. and none of them are bothered, I put one on anyway but meh.

I get some funny looks when I'm the only person wearing one, but sods law the first time I go somewhere and don't put one on it will be a place full of hazmat wearing, sanitiser bathing nutters that kick off. FWIW mine probably doesn't count anyway as it is only one of those reusable cloth type masks but it makes me look like I'm making an effort.

Edit: PS got my second jab tomorrow, been logging on for weeks hoping they could give me a sooner date but I've had to stick to the original time frame.

Sage adviser claims ministers trying to get as many as possible infected with Covid

“What we are seeing is a decision by the government to get as many people infected as possible, as quickly as possible, while using rhetoric about caution as a way of putting the blame on the public for the consequences,” said Prof Robert West, a health psychologist at University College London who participates in Sage’s behavioural science subgroup.

“It looks like the government judges that the damage to health and healthcare services will be worth the political capital it will gain from this approach,” West said, adding that ministers appear to believe the strategy is now sustainable – unlike last year – because of the vaccine rollout

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...vid-to-prepare-for-winter-sage-adviser-claims

Here in sunny Hambleton most, >30s, are still wearing masks in shops, pubs too when moving about. The <30s have abandonded any covid fear IMHO, no masks and no distancing.

Sage adviser claims ministers trying to get as many as possible infected with Covid

“It looks like the government judges that the damage to health and healthcare services will be worth the political capital it will gain from this approach,” West said, adding that ministers appear to believe the strategy is now sustainable – unlike last year – because of the vaccine rollout

Just to be clear Robert West is iSage not Sage.
https://www.independentsage.org/who-are-independent-sage/

I couldn't agree with him more. This morning we have the hospitality sector up in arms (again) as their staff are being pinged by the app right, left and centre and isolating accordingly. Apparently that's the fault of the rules not being lax enough, not the fact that we have tens of thousands of cases appearing every day. You could not make this crap up!

I don’t understand this. If they wanted to “get as many people infected as possible, as quickly as possible” why are they advising so many people to isolate if pinged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back