advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
iSage is not an offshoot of this group. Sean in his desperation even dismissed Sir David King as a member of the SWP previously...
It *is* an offshoot of this group. The Citizens declares itself to be the founders of iSage and King is one of its leading lights. See for yourself:

https://the-citizens.com/about-us/

I don't know where I got the SWP thing from! But to be clear I think that laughable as they are the SWP are far more sophisticated than this crowd. "We use shadow governance to create headlines"! Strong Alexander Nix vibes.

It *is* an offshoot of this group. The Citizens declares itself to be the founders of iSage and King is one of its leading lights. See for yourself:

https://the-citizens.com/about-us/

I don't know where I got the SWP thing from! But to be clear I think that laughable as they are the SWP are far more sophisticated than this crowd. "We use shadow governance to create headlines"! Strong Alexander Nix vibes.

I don't believe that any of the members of isage are members of this group looking at the pictures - just King. Clearly iSage is far bigger than anything else they might do.

They state openly:

What about Independent SAGE’s other activities?
A small support team has been helping Independent SAGE with its public events and media activities. They have been organised by The Citizens. Academic members of Indie SAGE have provided a small grant to support this work.

I don't believe that any of the members of isage are members of this group looking at the pictures - just King.
Who "personally recruited" the other members (Charlies' Angels style), according to yourself. Which is of course exactly how a real scientific institution operates. It's certainly how offshoots operate: they don't necessarily have all the same personnel as the umbrella group.

Edit. Yuck: I've just seen that Cadwalladr refers to herself as the *founder* of The Citizens but the "parent" of iSage. So creepy. But, yeah, come on: it's an offshoot.

51328553779_72f0ebd469_z.jpg

"Destabilizing the current paradigm" That's the sort of vacuous mission statement, management word soup I'd expect from Dominic Cummings.

Who "personally recruited" the other members (Charlies' Angels style), according to yourself. Which is of course exactly how a real scientific institution operates. It's certainly how offshoots operate: they don't necessarily have all the same personnel as the umbrella group.

Clearly all shills. Now I understand your hatred - it's just typical old Labour left sectarianism. Can't allow ... to get any credit for this so we won't get involved - how dare they the opportunist ...s. Oh dear.

Clearly all shills. Now I understand your hatred - it's just typical old Labour left sectarianism. Can't allow ... to get any credit for this so we won't get involved - how dare they the opportunist ...s. Oh dear.
Who, the other members of iSage? I think their hearts are in the right place but they're operating outside of traditional scientific institutions, with a clear mandate to maximise their individual voices, and all you can say is some of them are dealing with their new-found freedom better than others. One of them is unhinged.

I don't know what you mean about "old Labour left sectarianism": I was an active member of Labour only briefly and never committed to the old left. The politics of iSage/The Citizens is obviously awful, and I think that's in large part responsible for their success: borders, blanket lockdowns, conspiracies, the awfulness of Johnson - it's all stuff that the Guardian can get behind. Workers rights, wealth redistribution, the limits of policing - the short, medium and long term political issues on which the pandemic is actually going to turn, are a much tougher sell. iSage have ultimately deflected attention away from them.

According to OurWorldInData 90% of cases sequenced in USA are now Delta. No doubt Delta cases are rising rapidly.

Blimey sounds like they have the Delta blues although the specific geographical area cited in your previous post was Texas i.e. not the entire continental area of the lower fifty and the 90% you quote now doesn’t really say much about rates in the continuum stretching back to Feb.

Another aging rocker who became a d*ck

a long, long time ago

In August 1976 a heavily intoxicated Eric Clapton blurted out some very unfortunate remarks onstage at the Birmingham Odeon in England. “England is overcrowded,” he said. “I think we should send them all back.” He went on to add that England was in danger of becoming a “black colony.”

Around the same time, David Bowie caused an even greater uproar when he shared some surprising political beliefs. “I believe very strongly in fascism,” he told Playboy. “The only way we can speed up the sort of liberalism that’s hanging foul in the air. . .is a right-wing totally dictatorial tyranny. . .Rock stars are fascists, too. Adolf Hitler was one of the first rock stars.”

https://prruk.org/when-david-bowie-...-right-and-inspired-an-anti-fascist-movement/

Another aging rocker who became a d*ck

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57934379

Eric Clapton refuses to play venues requiring vaccines for concertgoers
You might hope he and Van Morrison, having refused the evil vaccine will hold a gig for unvaccinated fans at a large, crowded indoor venue as a means of learning about the role of vaccines in protecting public health ( and I’m not entirely joking).

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back