advertisement

Devialet or Audionet?

Bas V

pfm Member
Two brands I have read a lot of positive reviews about. I now have a Superuniti with SF Cremona’s. I can get a D200 and a SAM G2 for about the same price. What do you think is the better choice and would it be a serious upgrade? I have no plans of changing speakers.

Audionet hands down.
The other one will be almost impossible to service if you want to keep it for a long time unless you replace big chunks of boards that will be very costly IMO and not widely available.
I’m also not a big fan of Devialet as a friend of mine had one for less than a year and replaced it with a Naim NAP 300 and he is a very happy man now.
Both of us unanimously found the Devialet boring and lifeless.
We’re fans of rock and jazz music so this may influence our preferences.

Unless Audionet have ceased trading again in the last couple of weeks, they were going strong again: I would definitely recommend Audionet, my brother used an AMP1 V2 before upgrading to the Humboldt, wish I'd known about this amplifier when I had Naim 135's 'trying' to drive my Shahinian Obelisk's, you could keep your eye open for a 2nd hand AMP1 V2, especially HiFiShark, and use it with a passive pre, I did try it in my system this way and it worked very well: Here's one for sale at present, sorry it's overseas AUDIONET AMP I V2 Silver (Demo) | Audio Harmony
Good luck whichever amp you finally choose

Audionet for me as I'm old school. The Devialet looks like it has some digital incorporated to the preamp section, not really my cup of tea. The Audionet looks better than Devialet too. Sound quality no comment as it's subjective and personal.

I went from Linn Kilmax DS/Naim 252/SC/300 to a Devialet 440 Pro CI Dual Mono setup using the Devialet as a Roon endpoint (so no separate streamer). Very happy with the move. I realise it’s personal and subjective but the last thing I’d call it is lifeless and boring. It sounds fabulously musical to me and engaging. With Roon, the interface and ease of use is great too.

It’s a lot of money at at level, you should do your own demos.

Check if your speakers have a Devialet SAM profile to take advantage of that feature.

Also - you should really get the latest Devialet upgrade (so make sure it’s a 220 Pro CI, not the older 200) to get Roon and the latest options (on the fly configurable phono etc).

Good luck with your search!

My father in law runs a 1000 expert.It is a different sound profile to Naim etc., but a clever thing. With classical, jazz etc it is powerful, subtle and immediate. A fist inside a velvet glove. Im a fan.

I have a Devialet Le200 in the family room and it does work well with Roon. The pluses are a good one box solution but I don’t think it is as powerful as the quoted numbers. It’s fantastic as a mono (ie, 2*200 watts). The Dac is pretty good. I couldn’t justify the 400 pricing.

My wife loves how much tidier the family room is. I sold my Meitner MA1 as it didn’t add anything in the equation.

If I could go back I wouldn’t do it again as it is overpriced and a little on the clinical/analytical side.

The negative is the price and I am concerned about what happens outside the 5 year warranty.

Hmm, very different opinions over here...
@Gervais Cote: jazz and rock for me too!
@ryder: I would say the Devialet is the better looking amp, but that's not subjective and personal... :D
@Salamander: the AMP 1 V2 is over my budget. I also really want an integrated.
@wiresandmore: I really don't care about Roon and I don't have a phono. The 220 costs thousands more than the 200...
@Del monaco: so you say it suits jazz just fine...

This is always the problem with s/hand; how to compare... :rolleyes:

Hmm, very different opinions over here...
@Gervais Cote: jazz and rock for me too!
@ryder: I would say the Devialet is the better looking amp, but that's not subjective and personal... :D
@Salamander: the AMP 1 V2 is over my budget. I also really want an integrated.
@wiresandmore: I really don't care about Roon and I don't have a phono. The 220 costs thousands more than the 200...
@Del monaco: so you say it suits jazz just fine...

This is always the problem with s/hand; how to compare... :rolleyes:
At least with second hand you can always on sell without taking too much of a loss.

Never heard devailet, so can't comment there...but have had a sam g2, and can only commend it highly. A very good solid all round performer that will drive many a speaker with ease. Good build quality and for me elegant styling.

Look for 2nd hand ones for value or even try a 20se, for me, a little more of a fresher and more forward sound...very smooth and non-fatiguing.
But your money and your ears and room, so happy buying in whichever direction you go...

A sam 20se here....https://perfect-sense.se/

advertisement

Back