advertisement

Which musicians have lived on your street ?

Martin Moscropmfrom ACR lived a few houses down from us and I believe Martin Hannett and / or Rob Gretton lived on my current road. The Bee Gees went to the school on my road and lived nearby.

You can also bump into the odd Stone Rose, 808stater, Dove, Charlatan, Elbower and Damon Gough. Bez knocked around locally for a while too, but that's really music-related.....

I had to deny entrance to a charity event to a member of First Aid Kit because they wanted to bring a dog in (her boyfriend - who lived close-by was performing) and racist Mozzer lived on the other side of our park, when Johny Marr knocked on his front door.

No, I don't live in Liverpool.....

You probably live about 2 doors down from me! Ex-neighbours include Mike Pickering on Rybank Road, Ian Brown on Newport Road and Bez on Upper Chorlton Road. ;)

Mr Scruff and Guy Garvey still live in these streets too..

Which street was that @andrew? I grew up in Duesbery Street and my mum, known colloquially to the local kids as 'SuperGran', had some hilarious conversations with Roland Gift.

Pauline's Gifts! Reminds me of happy days living in flats off Prinny Ave and Springbank: Grafton, de Grey, Dover and Albany Streets, playing to huge crowds (as many as 30 people sometimes) in the Adelphi and getting most of my nutrition from dry roasted peanuts and Tim Taylors Landlord in the Duke of Wellington. Dub nights at the Welly were great; chucking out time at most clubs involved fights on the pavement but there, you'd see people queueing up to stroke a cat and overheard munchie driven conversations, "Nah, come back to ours, I've got bread, we can make toast...".

I ended up living on Farnley Square off Ella street, next door but on to Trevor Simpson, the bassist from WKDN and Nyam Nyam. Last time I spoke to him he was DJing as 'The Reverend'.

I went to school with the drummer out of Cutting Crew.
But on the up side I have a Crispy Ambulance t shirt.

Pauline's Gifts! Reminds me of happy days living in flats off Prinny Ave and Springbank: Grafton, de Grey, Dover and Albany Streets, playing to huge crowds (as many as 30 people sometimes) in the Adelphi and getting most of my nutrition from dry roasted peanuts and Tim Taylors Landlord in the Duke of Wellington. Dub nights at the Welly were great; chucking out time at most clubs involved fights on the pavement but there, you'd see people queueing up to stroke a cat and overheard munchie driven conversations, "Nah, come back to ours, I've got bread, we can make toast...".
We will have been in many of the same pubs and gig venues!

Oh, that's wonderful, so good to see Paul Jackson in there, lovely bloke, but Jim, the sound man is missing. (Jim, I can't hear myself - Jim hears this at every soundcheck and shrugs disinterestedly).
Yes! Jacko is an utter legend round here

Roger Taylor lived at the end of our road on the other side of the A3 in Thursley. Huge house set in many acres of ground. He and Brian May frequented our village pub, The Three Horseshoes, on occasions.

Also, when I lived in West Wittering the infamous Redlands, which is owned by Keith Richards, was in the road opposite. I knew his daughter Angie and her husband Graham quite well.They live just down the road too. Their children (Keith's grandchildren) used to borrow one of my tents for sleepovers. Graham is the brother of a good mate. My cousin Rob Berry who is a blues musician and recording engineer also worked with Keith at times.

Woaah! Kim Wilde! I really fancied her when I was a kid, only second to Debbie Harry. When I first lived in London I met Wendy James from Tranvision Vamp in the local pub in Little Venice , another Woaah moment;)

You probably live about 2 doors down from me! Ex-neighbours include Mike Pickering on Rybank Road, Ian Brown on Newport Road and Bez on Upper Chorlton Road. ;)

Mr Scruff and Guy Garvey still live in these streets too..

Is Guy Garvey still in these parts?

Is Guy Garvey still in these parts?

Ive been told he has a house on the same street as Mr Scruff. Must admit I’ve not seen him around though.

Rob Gretton definitely once lived on Chatfield if you’re over that way. I once chatted with a bloke in Marble who does reclamation antiques. Says he once found a Rob Gretton grave marker (the sort that they put there whilst the main headstone is being made) being flogged with a pile of other junk. He went to some lengths to repatriate it with the Gretton family.

advertisement

Back