advertisement

Weird card found

Bart

pfm Member
Does anyone know what this is, genuine or just a dodgy phone number?
It’s about 6 x 3 cm.

Looks like a card that, if the attached bunch of keys are lost, informs the finder of a number to call to reunite keys with owner.
Looks like finder/thief may have chosen a different route.

well its an 0800 number so should be fine and it does say 20 squids if found. They may be a bit miffed giving you a crispy for a piece of card but hey not your problem!

yep, does look like a key tag. SWMBO dropped her car keys outside the gate last year, and the system worked! Had to pay £20 to find out who had picked them up, but peanuts compared to the cost of new keys.

Maybe in this case, the finder plans to drive off in the car later, or maybe already did!

Ah yes, as above it must be to re-unite keys and owner - but there were no keys in this case.
Without keys I doubt there’s any wonga on offer.
I seem to recall reading that even 0800 numbers could be dodgy so thought it might possibly be some elaborate scam, or simply an enticement for me to contact a cheapo insurance company.

An HM number usually denotes an HM Government asset. Most likely this has come off a set of HMG keys and the number is, indeed, the number to call if you find it.

The asset number will be linked to a specific set of keys. If it were I, I'd very much like to know that they are 'at large', so I'd call the number.

An HM number usually denotes an HM Government asset. Most likely this has come off a set of HMG keys and the number is, indeed, the number to call if you find it.
I think that's a bit of a leap.

Firstly, the tag belongs to computerquoteinsurance, which appears to be an insurance broker in Hants. Not sure they'd be entrusted with government assets, really. Secondly, if I had a set of keys to a government asset, I'd be rather more discreet about advertising them as such. So I really doubt the 'HM' prefix is what you assume, here.

I think that's a bit of a leap.

Firstly, the tag belongs to computerquoteinsurance, which appears to be an insurance broker in Hants. Not sure they'd be entrusted with government assets, really. Secondly, if I had a set of keys to a government asset, I'd be rather more discreet about advertising them as such. So I really doubt the 'HM' prefix is what you assume, here.

You may be right, but I have seen government departments buy secure USB keys and then stick their livery on them! Interestingly, the actual URL on the fob throws up a security warning.

Probably some prison screws keys nicked from one of Her Majesty’s Establishments, there may well be a prisoner on the loose.

029630 is the code for Wormwood scrubs.

(Well it’s not, but makes for a bit of a laugh)

Might belong to the same person who left a load of highly classified MOD documents at a bus stop the other week.

advertisement

Back