advertisement

Why would these work?

Yes, totally different companies. Chord (the cable company) always had some family connection to Naim as I recall. The CDs and amps are an entirely different lot. I’ve always been surprised both can obtain a Trade Mark (I assume they both have) as they’ll both no doubt be competing in the same class.

I seem to recall that chord do an audiophile shorting plug for naim CD players. Think I started a thread on it a while back; terrible foo.

Yes, totally different companies. Chord (the cable company) always had some family connection to Naim as I recall. The CDs and amps are an entirely different lot. I’ve always been surprised both can obtain a Trade Mark (I assume they both have) as they’ll both no doubt be competing in the same class.
I didn’t realise that. Always thought it was the same company.

Mick

Everyday is a school day

It is possible (note, I said “possible”, not definite) that shorting unused inputs to earth could reduce circuit noise and thus have a subtle impact on sound quality. It all depends on the circuit configuration.

However you sure as hell don’t need to spend that much to try it!

Sally Kennedy, MD of Chord Company, was married to Paul Stephenson, ex MD of Naim. She started Chord Company in 1985.

If I remember correctly, she went on to marry Allan Gibb, owner of Stereo Stereo in Glasgow and he was involved in the company somehow. While ago. Today, duno.

Hasn't Russ Andrews been selling rubbish like this for years? Even worse they do one that plugs into empty mains sockets and somehow creates a quiet area, totally ridiculous.

For a lot of amplifiers with analog switch based input selectors, shorting unused inputs to grounds will slightly increase the capacitance loading on the active path.
The effect will be tiny.

advertisement

Back