advertisement

Why would these work?

rQKawbc3jAyAw9jduRaY4C-970-80.jpg

Looks like a fun and uneconomical way to mechanically strain your preamp inputs!

Last edited:
Next from Chord, a £600 suppository to enhance listener performance and all other sorts of great benefits. As long as it is user installable and made from CNC aluminum it will be a great success!

4c0fd42f482c4_167675n.jpg

These snake oil brands deserve to go bust!

S.

They deserve to be in jail IMO!! There is not even the slightest possibility of any such thing having any effect, not even theoretically never mind practically. Therefore anything and everything they say to sell them is pure lies and the ASA should be in like Flynn!

Fools and their money blah blah blah. Charlatans have been around since the year dot selling magic beans, dieting pills, hair restorer and all sorts of other things but I doubt there is another industry where so much fraud has taken place as there has been in the Hifi industry. I’ve probably even been the victim over the years trying out all sorts of wire before finally convincing myself that any wire with even vaguely average properties of L/C/R sounds exactly the same.

Not to mention the darned things probably put more strain on the connectors etc. on the devices themselves that they plug into.

In which case it's probably cheaper to buy a properly designed component than shell out on a set of those!

I'd say they're a fairly likely candidate to find themselves in front of the trading standards authority and if they are unable to substantiate their claims will join the ranks of other fairly recently convicted miscreants such as Naim and Russ Andrews.

You'd think they'd have the sense not to go there.

Marketing rule 101, if there's somebody willing to pay for a thing then there's bound to be somebody bright enough to sell it to them.

Next from Chord, a £600 suppository to enhance listener performance and all other sorts of great benefits. As long as it is user installable and made from CNC aluminum it will be a great success!

4c0fd42f482c4_167675n.jpg

I think they're suppose to minimise vibrations. I'm not sure that will work.

In function possibly but certainly not in price. Shorties are also foo in most applications but at least they're inexpensive foo.

Oh good, I don‘t need to bother with Chord as a whole now anymore. Had been keeping an eye out for a s/h Dac, but my golden rule is if they sell shit somewhere in their line-up, dont touch the rest!!!
I’m fairly sure that the Chord Company Limited (cables and these whatever they are’s) and Chord Electronics (DAC’s & Amps) are entirely separate organisations, despite the name. Could be wrong mind.

Quite correct, entirely separate and I'm sure Chord electronics might be less than delighted with the implicit suggestion that their flagship model can be substantially improved by these products.

There is some validity and credibility to external cabinet damping but why it needs to plug into unused inputs is beyond me!

I'll admit to having an empty shoebox sleeve on top of my 82 for exactly that reason.

advertisement

Back