advertisement

Germany currently disappearing under water...

I've got friends in several of the the flooded regions. Fingers crossed they stay safe; so far so good.

I live in Bonn - not as badly affected as a few Km South - so got away with a flooded basement and lost a few things including a tube amp and a turntable.
Friends and colleagues have lost entire houses and in a sad case, aged neighbours. Flooding is common here but this level of flash floods and rain is unprecedented

It’s forecasted to hit us in the southern part of the country within a couple or three days and I’m thinking about how we can prepare for what might come. What with Covid and everything; it doesn’t rain but it pours…
Schiesse!!!

This is very sad to see.

The power of Mother Nature is truly a site to behold at times. Look at how fast the water is moving in the first clip on the video, that is terrifying!

A warmer climate means more moisture in the air and more therefore more flooding is inevitable, as @Tony L said, the new normal

Really awful images. Massachusetts hasn't been that bad, but it's the 3rd wettest July since records began in the late 1800s and we're only half way through the month. We've had over 10 inches of rain since the start of the month in my town and it got mighty close to inundating our basement. The water table is about two inches below the floor of our basement at the moment according to our sump.

I hope it's not the new normal but I guess we'll find out.

In Japan - very mountainous and very wet at times - it's rare to see a mountainside anywhere near a road or human habitation that hasn't been coated with concrete to prevent landslides. But dozens of people are still killed by landslides and flooding every year.

It's sickening watching this unfold.

Minimum of 58 dead, the same number again still unaccounted for.

Life changing for the affected areas and must qualify as a national disaster.

Flooding too in Hungary and Turkey, at the same time as this German/Belgium/Netherlands event. Strange times indeed…..although bits of France often seem to report heavy rain incidents. Parts of London were badly affected with flash floods only 2 days ago…and now we have the arrival of a proper period of Summer. No climate then, just ‘weather’.

I live in Bonn - not as badly affected as a few Km South - so got away with a flooded basement and lost a few things including a tube amp and a turntable.
Friends and colleagues have lost entire houses and in a sad case, aged neighbours. Flooding is common here but this level of flash floods and rain is unprecedented
What, so your friends have some elderly neighbours who have actually died in tbis? Bloody hell.

Wow, truly awful! The power of the water at 1.04 where the structure is compressed then fed under the bridge really shows the forces involved!
to be fair the thing is a caravan and awning so it's a light affair with lots of sheeting etc but you're right, it folds it up very easily.

Looks horrific, we've been lucky in UK so far but a heatwave might be on the way.

We need something more than a few electric cars to stop this.

Hard to believe that amount of damage, tragic for anyone involved, so much bad stuff going on in so many ways in the world.

advertisement

Back