advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I recognised the amazing weathering.
Did you get to Spar Cave by any chance?

No, I was on Skye really to get my lads organised to do the Cuillin ridge traverse, which due to the inclement conditions they managed about two thirds in a fast, stripped back day before the weather closed in. However it meant they also did Pinnacle Ridge & Clach Glas / Blaven. There are some images in the Phonography thread

I fitted in a bit of photography around the drop-offs & pick-ups

51284821965_aa9166f0b3_b.jpg

51283801321_102a67e4b1_b.jpg

These are lovely, abstract. Others here seemed to recognise them immediately. How? The second one looks like a stone in a bone structure of some kind?

These are lovely, abstract. Others here seemed to recognise them immediately. How? The second one looks like a stone in a bone structure of some kind?
When we lived at Plockton, as a teenager, I used to go to Elgol on Skye often, and there is a low cliff with a band of this characteristic eroded rock as you look back along the shore to Camasunary and Coruisk - I knew John had been to Skye because he's posted several pictures lately.
The Spar Cave I mentioned is near Elgol, and starts as a sea cave at the top of a zorn, but rapidly becomes a proper cave with stalactites, petrified waterfalls and the works - from what I remember, I'd imagine there are some very nice images to be taken there. I haven't been since I was a lad.

Still mucking about with negs and slides.
This was my medium format phase (a borrowed from School Bronica ETRS with 75mm f2.8).
AgfaPan 100 neg was home processed...i have a print somewhere. This one was scanned at 3200dpi, 'inverted' in Affinity photo and some gentle PP added to give a bit of atmosphere. Somewhere on the isle of Wight, circa 1987.

IOW 1987. by John Dutfield, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back