advertisement

Afghanistan withdrawal.

The West's meddling in the Middle East has, arguably apart from the creation of Israel, resulted in failure every time.

in 6 months time the taliban will control all of afghanistan at the rate they are going . i dont know what the answer is to this situation

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-57773120[/QUOTE

We can't do anything about the Taliban but we can and should allow large numbers of afghans to come here. Those that remain and are tainted with collaboration with UK and US forces will be subjected to terrible sadism and humiliation along with men without beards, girls attending schools and so on.

Sadly our politics won't allow this to happen and they will be left to their fate. Even the small number who go to the risk and expense of leaving the country in the hands of people smugglers will face the cruel new nationality and borders bill.

That is a success measured against all the other failures. All countries put their interests first.

It is a long and complex history, in which the UK has much to be blamed for. Best not reduced to callous one liners.

One interesting theory is that the USA invaded as a first step to frighten and later invade Iraq as saddam had plans to convince opec to deal oil in euros. If it wasn’t for dollar dealing in oil the yanks would be even more broke than they are.
To a lesser extent it’s why all the fuss over Bitcoin is due in part to fears of the dollar not being used as the worlds reserve currency.
Theories for conversation, not facts?

One interesting theory is that the USA invaded as a first step to frighten and later invade Iraq as saddam had plans to convince opec to deal oil in euros. If it wasn’t for dollar dealing in oil the yanks would be even more broke than they are.
To a lesser extent it’s why all the fuss over Bitcoin is due in part to fears of the dollar not being used as the worlds reserve currency.
Theories for conversation, not facts?

A more plausible theory is that hitting Afghanistan didn’t really show people that America was top dog after 911, there was thinking that by hammering Iraq it could reclaim that spot, of course there were cheerleaders and suppliers of intelligence who had their own reasons for wanting a war.

I wouldn’t put anything past the yanks, or French or us. Governments are serial sociopaths.

That is a success measured against all the other failures. All countries put their interests first.

Unfortunately Israel’s interests don’t ever seem to benefit anyone else other than Israel.

Afghan women's militias are one answer.

Or how how about addressing the arms trade and money trail that funds weapons? No, I don't see the usual countries with arms industries rushing to do that. Because hey, they'll get arms from somewhere.

It is a long and complex history, in which the UK has much to be blamed for. Best not reduced to callous one liners.
Given it was created by the West in 1948 its history is not that long nor that complex. I realise that many do not like Israel's politics but it has been besieged by its neighbours since day 1 and has done what was necessary (and sometimes more so) to ensure no one messes with them. The long and not really complex history is that of persecution of Jews for millennia and particularly in the 30s and 40s.

Yeah let’s bomb Belgium eu scum, if bombing neighbours with impunity is good for the Israeli goose let’s all join in.:D
All violence is wrong and never justified. Too many people want to hurt first question later, such a shame.

Given it was created by the West in 1948 its history is not that long nor that complex. I realise that many do not like Israel's politics but it has been besieged by its neighbours since day 1 and has done what was necessary (and sometimes more so) to ensure no one messes with them. The long and not really complex history is that of persecution of Jews for millennia and particularly in the 30s and 40s.

That's only a decade or two younger than most of the other mideast states, whose artificial borders were mostly created in the early 20th century as various empires fell.

My view is military empires failed, let’s try a bit of goodwill and charity, can’t hurt.
Imagine if the money spent on military intervention had been invested in infrastructure financial support and community building in Afghanistan instead.

advertisement

Back