advertisement

Hancock...You've been a Naughty Boy!

I suspect that Javid being brought back in the fold for another go will have been with Caveats. He just said what Piffle told him. Be a good boy and say this.

Indeed. When you think about it Handcock has got out of this quite nicely.

Awesome theory: Hancock finds himself in a loveless marriage and a job he cant cope with, so gets a mate to plant the camera and make some coin. Hey presto public indignation ensues and he wriggles out of his marriage and job only to return another day with his new beau in an easier role, not such a mug after all.

Awesome theory: Hancock finds himself in a loveless marriage and a job he cant cope with, so gets a mate to plant the camera and make some coin. Hey presto public indignation ensues and he wriggles out of his marriage and job only to return another day with his new beau in an easier role, not such a mug after all.
With a new Top Shagger rep. I could totally believe it.

I did listen and didn't hear any significant changes to the existing strategy in Javid's speech, but maybe I missed something.

Young people might be more susceptible to the delta variant, but they are not dying from it and, amongst children, these infections are largely asymptomatic.

Whilst any virus is in circulation there is a risk of mutations (influenza being a prime example). However, there comes a point when this risk is outweighed by the downside of draconian restrictions outweighs this risk. There seems to be a reasonable degree of scientific consensus that we will reach this point at around the currently proposed unlocking date. The vast majority will be fully vaccinated by then.

I suspect that Javid has based his public statements on the briefings he has received from civil servants and government scientific advisers. His lack of relevant scientific qualification is not unusual for a minister, but experienced ministers like Javid are used to taking and heeding the advice they receive from their qualified advisers. He is no fool; he was a managing director at Deutsche Bank and that takes ability.

I have two concerns. The first is that a new Health Secretary who has no biological science qualification and history, just 48 hours after being unexpectedly helicoptered into the job feels confident to make bold statements about opening up in a couple of weeks. Unless he spent every one those 48 hours in tutorials with Van Tam and Whitty, Javid is talking out of his backside.

The second is that everyone wants to be set free ASAP but the question is when is it sensible? I would argue that holding on for good modelling to be possible with some - but not complete - stopping of restrictions for a couple of weeks makes most sense.
He has an illustrious predecessor, chair of the Health Select Committee, jilted Health Secretary- future PM material to embarrass him.

I did listen and didn't hear any significant changes to the existing strategy in Javid's speech, but maybe I missed something.

He does seem to be putting more emphasis on Date rather than Data, but then he probably has looked at a calendar with more detail than all the mountain of data which should be available to him.

Sounds like the parasite is ”entitled” to a £16k bung from the tax payer for being sacked.
It is in section 4 of the 'Ministerial and other Pensions and Salaries Act 1991'.

I have never heard it described as a golden parachute in relation to politicians before. He is entitled to it but does not have to claim it if he does not want to.

He has shown himself to be devious and untruthful (among other things) so will no doubt prosper very nicely in some high-flying business position or other without a parachute thank you very much.

advertisement

Back