advertisement

Mission 753 worth repair?

glenn jarrett

pfm Member
Hi wondering if these are worth fixing up for sale at £120 rosewood 753s with grills and spikes
has 1 blown tweeter and a faulty crossover
one speaker works fine
the other speaker has a blown tweeter and the 2 bottom bass speakers not working
but he says that he has swapped the tweeter and the crossover from the good one in to the faulty speaker and everything works ok
so looks like just a faulty crossover and a tweeter
Worth repairing or is it the freedom version the one to get
20200528_103439 by glenn jarrett, on Flickr
20200528_103508 by glenn jarrett, on Flickr

Hi mate, did you repair the 753's? I can categorically say yes you should repair them. I have replaced crossovers and tweeters and currently have them connected to a refurbished Quad 306, fed by a Lightspeed attenuator, Chord Qutest DAC and Microrendu as my Roon endpoint. It sounds incredible.

The tweeter was the weakest part of the 753 and poorly integrated (run far too hot)
Just bung in a pair of decent modern tweeters and rebalance

Hi mate, did you repair the 753's? I can categorically say yes you should repair them. I have replaced crossovers and tweeters and currently have them connected to a refurbished Quad 306, fed by a Lightspeed attenuator, Chord Qutest DAC and Microrendu as my Roon endpoint. It sounds incredible.
hi Daniel no i didnt bother buying them

Hi Daniel, can you tell me why you;ve replaced them ? i have the same model, i've noticed some harshness on the tweeters on high volumes but it-s something wrong with the crossovers too? or is just the fact that are pretty old? did you replace them from willy's hifi too? it sounds better than before? many thans in advance!

The tweeter was the weakest part of the 753 and poorly integrated (run far too hot)
Just bung in a pair of decent modern tweeters and rebalance
This is by far the best long term solution. There are so many tweeters available now at all price point so that makes it easy and affordable. Your speakers will probably sound way better than before on top of that.

advertisement

Back