advertisement

Hancock...You've been a Naughty Boy!

My kids, 8 and 10, are fascinated by all this. One of them brought a small figurine home from a party today (a "squishy") and they've called it Matt Hancock and are working through various scenarios with it: "Matt Hancock is upset because he can't find anyone to have an affair with"; "Matt Hancock is not good at sharing."

They've now pivoted to concern: "Matt Hancock is injured. You shouldn't have let him out of your sight." "I didn't!" "Let's see what Matt Hancock says about that."

It’s being reported that MH got caught by a camera hidden in a smoke alarm that he didn’t know was there and there is going to be an inquiry into who leaked the video. Better questions would be why was it there? Who asked for it to be fitted and when? Who was monitoring it and why did they have the user privileges to be able to make a copy of it? How many more hidden cameras are there? Maybe BJ’s Nixon moment?
Gove
Gove
Gove
Gove
And
Gove

Tories needed a future scapegoat, they are so rotten it was a target rich environment for the Murdoch press who willingly obliged. Dido will now be be off the hook, no doubt appointed head of NHS. This isn't a shaft of light or hope, its management and manipulation.
As for an Alternative politics, we got it, xenophobic, craven, shameless, openly corrupt, fcuking us over in plain sight wrapped in the Union Jack.

Last edited:
That was my point. Where is this reform to come from? No one who wants PR has any idea how to achieve it.
Your point is a slightly defeatist one, IMO. The fact something is hard to achieve does not make it less desirable or important.

FPTP preserves the status quo in favour of the 2 big parties, but the Tories benefit 9 times out of 10. One day, somebody in the LP will accept FPTP does not really work well enough for them or the country *and* do something about it while still in power or able to build a coalition for this - even if it looks counterproductive in the short term.

My point was that there are examples in history of politicians doing “the right thing” in full knowledge that it was difficult, unpopular and likely to cost them and their party votes in the near and not-so-near future. LBJ signing the Civil Rights Act is a classic example, but there are others.

Two families with six children fecked up and apparently its a private matter , nothing to do with us ...it is though because I am asking a lot, I expect that people in public life should show a basic understanding of morality, decency and a fair stab at telling the truth.

Politicians have such a failed reputation that telling lies ( which I have witnessed) even causing unnecessary deaths should be accepted , just because they are politicians....don't tell me about used car salesmen or estate agents while this scum is alive.

I have very little respect for the police but while arresting people for Covid surely they should find time to examine death by stupidity and incompetence by this turd which should reflect his true reputation rather how quickly he can pull knickers down

The worrying thing about this is that it’s not his incompetence or his refusal to follow the ministerial code regarding communications that has brought him down but rather getting caught playing grab ass.

The worrying thing about this is that it’s not his incompetence or his refusal to follow the ministerial code regarding communications that has brought him down but rather getting caught playing grab ass.

Yebbut what about employing your girlfriend on taxpayers money ????
Lucrative contracts to friends and family (with surely a cut to himself involved in time).
Criminal prosecution required IMO.

He could be in a lot of trouble for subverting the parliamentary messaging system by using his own GMail to do business.

And even then it was touch and go - literally!

He could be in a lot of trouble for subverting the parliamentary messaging system by using his own GMail to do business.

The Good Law Project are submitting a lot of evidence to the Serious Fraud Office and Hancock using a burner email to do business with our tax money will only add to this (Twitter thread). I hope we’ll be hearing a lot more about this over the next few weeks.

Parliament don't care if he uses their email or not although recommend Members do for security reasons. However his Department will care if he used their system or not.

MH speech 2 June 2021:

"But Britain’s incredibly high levels of confidence around the vaccine aren’t an accident, and weren’t something we could take for granted.
We had to win trust.
Trust is a crucial component of any major project, and the way to win trust is through openness and honesty."

"So for instance we were up-front from the start that there would be side effects and that we’d have to manage them.
We levelled with people that vaccine supply is often lumpy, and so volumes would differ week on week.
And we were honest about the uncertainties, for instance that it’d take time to discover what impact new variants might have on any vaccine."

"Now I know there were a few eyebrows raised when I said that the film ‘Contagion’ shaped my thinking about our vaccine programme.
I should reassure Sir John Bell that it wasn’t my primary source of advice, but when I watched the film a penny did drop for me."

"Another team who are vaccine heroes are our first-rate regulators. Throughout this crisis, the MHRA, under the brilliant stewardship of Dr June Raine, has excelled, and been a global model for how to regulate. And in fact Andrew Pollard was taking me around the Oxford science labs earlier today and explaining, each time he mentioned the regulator, our regulator is dynamic and flexible and helps science to proceed.

They’re everything a Health Secretary could want."

Hmmm...

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/how-we-got-here-lessons-from-the-uk-vaccine-rollout

MH speech 2 June 2021:

"But Britain’s incredibly high levels of confidence around the vaccine aren’t an accident, and weren’t something we could take for granted.
We had to win trust.
Trust is a crucial component of any major project, and the way to win trust is through openness and honesty."

"So for instance we were up-front from the start that there would be side effects and that we’d have to manage them.
We levelled with people that vaccine supply is often lumpy, and so volumes would differ week on week.
And we were honest about the uncertainties, for instance that it’d take time to discover what impact new variants might have on any vaccine."

"Now I know there were a few eyebrows raised when I said that the film ‘Contagion’ shaped my thinking about our vaccine programme.
I should reassure Sir John Bell that it wasn’t my primary source of advice, but when I watched the film a penny did drop for me."

"Another team who are vaccine heroes are our first-rate regulators. Throughout this crisis, the MHRA, under the brilliant stewardship of Dr June Raine, has excelled, and been a global model for how to regulate. And in fact Andrew Pollard was taking me around the Oxford science labs earlier today and explaining, each time he mentioned the regulator, our regulator is dynamic and flexible and helps science to proceed.

They’re everything a Health Secretary could want."

Hmmm...

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/how-we-got-here-lessons-from-the-uk-vaccine-rollout
Such a pity that the Minister himself couldn’t live up to the values of those others who protected the country during this historic emergency. His cabinet rewarded hundreds of thousands of them with a below inflation pay award while his family and friends enriched themselves at the public trough.

Here’s another thread on Hancock’s corruption from GLP on Twitter.
Historically, Britain hasn’t really been known for corruption in government. Matt and fellow Cabinet members appear to have driven several big red buses through that barrier. Conmen will flock to our shores.

Time for another link to Wefail Art who’s Hancock portrait is genius IMHO. Worth having a look at the whole site: “Wefail paints monsters and ships worldwide, based in the UK”.

The biggest issue we have is lack of credible and effective opposition. The govt can get away with virtually anything. Despite all the shenanigans, I’m certain if there was a GE tomorrow, the majorly would be 100+.

The biggest issue we have is lack of credible and effective opposition. The govt can get away with virtually anything. Despite all the shenanigans, I’m certain if there was a GE tomorrow, the majorly would be 100+.
No, the biggest problem we have is patently corrupt incompetent government that we have not seen in our life time. The second problem is acquiesce to it from folk like yourself.

No, the biggest problem we have is patently corrupt incompetent government that we have not seen in our life time. The second problem is acquiesce to it from folk like yourself.

Put a party and policies forward which people will vote for. Can’t be too difficult, can it? Actually, it should be a piece of cake right now.

advertisement

Back