advertisement

Who is brave enough to post a selfie?

The Official 65th birthday portrait. All parishioners will receive a free copy, others will have to join the queue for the signed limited edition via the Uncle Marchbanks PLC website.

51271080492_86e74ae7e6_z.jpg

Magnificent...and Majestic..

51274959214_ee50e25ef2_z.jpg

Of course Lego Marchbanks demanded his own 65th birthday portrait. I agreed to photograph him on the Towers’ drawbridge provided he stopped dyeing his beard so he at least looked the part. He reluctantly agreed when I pointed out that if Paul McCartney’s billions couldn’t buy a convincing dye job, he had no chance. I was amused to see his beard is now in fact slightly greyer than mine, although I thought it best not to mention it. Now I’ll have to update my avatar.

Stunning selfie....but not recent judging by the last couple of week's weather here...:(

First bike ride of my 66th year, 20 miles in and around the Forest of Crécy. Wonderfully peaceful, not an archer in sight. My black sporty thing. (Rescue bike may be nearer the mark, but at least it has the nous to look at the camera.)

51318353690_d96b51a6fd_z.jpg

I did hear a branch fall off a tree but didn’t know where it was until it crashed to the ground about twenty metres away, so I certainly wasn’t watching it as it started to fall. I don’t know whether this answers the age-old question or muddies the water some more. (I don’t think there are any bears near Crécy, so I wasn’t able to research the other one.)

Last edited:
Shortly after taking the photo above I was amazed to find an artwork carved from an old tree trunk sitting in an isolated spot in the middle of the forest. A bit of research revealed that there were eight of these sculptures in total, so today I set off armed with a map from Crécy Tourist Information to find them all. My absolute favourite was ‘Spirit of the Forest’, carved from a 5m piece of Douglas Fir. Sitting at the junction of two little-used footpaths in a tiny clearing, he awoke some deep-seated Pagan feelings...

51329324705_4f2bd5e44b_c.jpg

Sharp-eyed viewers will notice I’ve changed the pic. Sorry about that, I’ve belatedly decided I prefer this one.

For those without strong stomachs there’s another sculpture pic here that doesn’t have me in it.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back