advertisement

Oasis eviscerated

I don’t own any Oasis records but they seem good value when they pop up in the media saying naughty things. I’ve always thought the music was variations on the Beatles ‘Revolution’ replayed in a kind of endless loop. No harm in that, just shows how good Revolution was if you can build a whole career on it.

Not really sure Morrisey belongs in a Britpop list either. Good to see Hefner though.

Hefner! Yes! First time I've seen them mentioned on any forum!

Residue is an excellent album. Are there any more?

Josée Hurlock's own album is well worth buying if you don't have it already!

As for Oasis, it's an optical illusion or a type of drink, innit? :D

They were such blatant reactionaries it is very unsurprising to see Noel has settled into sub-Clarkson gamoneering.

I was at uni in the britpop era and my music soc put on upcoming bands in the SU in a regular weeknight slot. Oasis were hands down the worst we ever had (early in their career maybe 93?).
They could barely bash out an entire song successfully: endless shouting by Noel at everyone until Liam gave up and slouched off.

It was a genuine tragedy how the britpop monster crushed the Boo Radleys. Giant Steps was a big record for me and a lot of people I knew

the music is OK, but liam ,,, he has to be one of the worst live singers ever never see the twaat live you will be in shock he is so bad, he thinks he's gruff no he is like gargling broken glass and dog shite,

It's music of its time, if you were young then it is probably what you listened to growing up. I liked Oasis at the time, but then I was 13. I can't remember the last time I listened to them on purpose, I won't bash them though as I'm hoping a couple of their LPs make me a packet at some point.

advertisement

Back